PDA

View Full Version : Delete key doesn't work

fuccaro
29th Nov 2006, 11:27 am
I am on a new computer and the Delete key doesn't erase the selected objects. I had this functionality on the old computer and I used it alot. I checked the PICKFIRST and it is set to 1.
Can someone help me? -Thank you!

hendie
29th Nov 2006, 01:18 pm
Miklos, are you by any chance using a logitech keyboard ?

fuccaro
30th Nov 2006, 05:34 am
No, it is A4TECH. Why do you ask?
The keyboard seems to work, in other programs the "delete" button does its job.
Thank you for answering me.

***** editing *****
It is not a keyboard problem. I changed the keyboard and the Delete key still doesn't erase the selected objects. But it works when I try to edit mtexts. I am out of ideas...

hendie
30th Nov 2006, 09:29 am
there was a known issue with Logitech keyboards using the desktop manager which caused a conflict with AutoCAD. I had the problem last year and it took me ages to find the cure.
If I remember correctly it was also something in conjunction with an ATI graphics card
if you still have copies of the old RCI newsletters I'm sure I mentioned it in one fo those

Cymro
30th Nov 2006, 11:15 am
Try

Tools

Options

Click on selection tab

In the selection mode box make sure that Noun/Verb selection is ticked, if not tick it and try erasing again

cheers

Stephen

fuccaro
4th Dec 2006, 08:11 am
Cymro
Some people use the Options screen as you described, others like mee just enter "pickfirst" in the command line. It is the same thing.
Thank you for your time to answering me.

chrisdarmanin
6th Dec 2006, 11:01 am
use the erase command :)

type 'e' or 'erase' both work. personally i prefer it than the delete key, its faster to use

fuccaro
6th Dec 2006, 11:15 am
use the erase command :)

[...] personally i prefer it than the delete key, its faster to use
Yes, but this is only your opinion, right? I think the Delete key is the faster.:)

JBullseye74
6th Dec 2006, 02:01 pm
I use Delete Key its Way Faster.... If it didn't work i think i may have to give up using AutoCAD.. :cry: :D

hendie
6th Dec 2006, 03:09 pm
Miklos,
If you are using an ATI card driver (Catalyst), disable the "ATI Taskbar icon application" (Display Properties\Settings\Advanced\Options) and kill the atiptaxx.exe process in the Task Manager. Also switch off 'Hot keys' in Hydravision properties.

this cured the problem on my machine

tzframpton
6th Dec 2006, 04:01 pm
I use Delete Key its Way Faster.... If it didn't work i think i may have to give up using AutoCAD.. :cry: :D
WHAAAAT??? lol, i use the E key with my right-click setup. i'm just as fast. and i don't have to drag my hand way over on the right side of the keyboard to do it. haha, just thought i'd taunt ya a lil bit. :)

JBullseye74
6th Dec 2006, 04:05 pm
WHAAAAT??? lol, i use the E key with my right-click setup. i'm just as fast. and i don't have to drag my hand way over on the right side of the keyboard to do it. haha, just thought i'd taunt ya a lil bit. :)

haha i've got extra long fingers i don't have to move my hand far.!! :shock:

fuccaro
11th Dec 2006, 11:14 am
Hendie
Sorry for answering so late. Once again you hit the nail on the head.
I deleted the atiptaxx.exe and the delete key works just fine.
Thank you!

euro_z
13th Apr 2007, 01:41 pm
im having this problem with the delete key but i dont have atiptaxx.exe in the task manager.. i have ati2evxx.exe, is this the same thing?