attach a georeferenced image?

zars

We have a map (around 36 x 36) that I need to digitize, right now we only have it in paper but we're going to need it because it's just a part of a bigger map.

I had to bend it up in several pieces in order to scan it with my multifunctional printer. When I finally gathered the pieces I joined and georeferenced them with a software called ArcMap.

The formats that I can export from ArcMap are Pdf and gif, jpg, tif, etc. I tried with raster image, but the scale was wrong. How can I import this georeferenced image into ACAD or how can I georeference a raster image in ACAD?

Thanks in advance, Alex.

You need to export the raster image (TIF or JPG) with a world file, or embed the information inside the image. Which method you choose is based on what your export software can do...

To import, you will need AutoCAD Map, Raster Design, a 3rd part program, or you can manually adjust the image based on the world file.

World file reference: http://duff.geology.washington.edu/data/raster/drg/tfw.html

Ok, from ArcMap I can get a jpg or tif file with a world file, now how can I adjust the raster image based on this world file?

Thanks, Alex

PD: Never mind, I found a way, for those who want to know this is the solution Georeferenced Raster

• 4 years later...
GeoRefImg - georeferencing for AutoCAD and ADT - automatic repositioning of raster images (with georeference world files) - free application - http://www.xanadu.cz/en/download.asp?file=GeoRefImg

Bumping an old thread, although as far as I can tell this doesn't seem to work in AutoCad 2012.

Ok, from ArcMap I can get a jpg or tif file with a world file, now how can I adjust the raster image based on this world file?

Thanks, Alex

PD: Never mind, I found a way, for those who want to know this is the solution Georeferenced Raster

Doesn't appear to work in 2012 either, throws up VBA errors.

Edited by Organic