Autodesk AutoCAD Blue Sky

slimjramirez

Has anyone heard of a CAD-family related program called "Blue Sky"?

One of our clients is requesting us to use this program to make our output more efficient for them to process, or something along those lines.

I've been googling the related terms for a few minutes now but only come up with service company names, and a small hint that Blue Sky is an Autodesk-family program. I'm beginning to wonder if its some sort of patch/add-on to ACAD, or if it is an entire program in-and-of itself.

Thanks,

& naw, I just kept getting company names. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at finding the proper items when using proper meta tags, but it seemed strange how much I was hearing about this program, yet couldn't seemed to find jack about it.

Rah. Go figure, apparently my company was instrumental in developing the program...like a professor who tells you to go get his textbook...

lol. We're having a meeting soon with a client, and apparently, some of the developers of the program; though the main project coordinator's bitchin' about how it's essentially the same as CAD, but more "assembly-line" than doing a deliverable all at once.

• 1 year later...

I am currently learning how to use the Blue Sky Development program. I am pretty proficient in CAD, but learning this new program has been a real challenge for me. One of our guys went for training, so between him and the user manual, I have been getting it to work slowly but surely. We only need the Alignment Database portion of the program for now. Is there anyone else out there using Blue Sky that can share some information or tips with me? The more heads the better!

- Dman

• 1 year later...

I would like to trade information, tips etc. I just finished BlueSky training and there do not seem to be alot of resources out there.