PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting already used viewports

JaketheMan
21st May 2007, 05:30 pm
Hello, I am using AutoCAD 2007. I am in layout mode and I have multiple viewports arranged throughout the layout. After I arrange the viewport and switch to another sometimes I want to go back to a previous viewport so I can make some changes here and there. This is where the problem lies. I have major diffuculty switching back to a viewport that I've already set and I seem to be able to do it accidentally, but I want to know the proper way to do that. If any of you guys know how to go back into editing a viewport that would be so useful. I've tried ProductProperties but no use seems to come from there.

ReMark
21st May 2007, 05:35 pm
What is so hard about double-clicking inside the viewport to make it active?

JaketheMan
21st May 2007, 05:42 pm
Yes that sounds simple but that is not the answer. When I double click inside the viewport it activates the UCS icon within that viewport but still leaves me with the only option of readjusting the main picture of the product outside of the viewport i am trying to edit. The main product on the paper space is what I mean. Figure out how to change the spefied viewport after I have already exited out of that specific viewport. How to go back and edit. The answer is not double clicking for all you jokester know-it-alls

ReMark
21st May 2007, 06:18 pm
I guess i must be the "jokester know-it-all" you're referring to.

Anyway, would you mide posting an image of the drawing as I'd like to see the "main picture of the product outside of the viewport" that you referred to above. Thanks ever so kindly.

JaketheMan
21st May 2007, 08:24 pm
ReMark I am sorry for the shrewd "remark" I didnt mean anything personal by it. I found your responce comical. Here is the screenie of what I called the "main picture of the product outside of the viewport"

Here you can see I have my product in the paperspace automatically, and then I created a newviewport to place the product. After arranging which side of the product I want to show in that viewport I clicked out and went on with my business. Now I want to change the view within the same viewport but I this is where the trouble lies, I am unable to go back into the viewport and make the necessary changes.

Thanks a lot ReMark for spending time on this issue, your help is much appreciated.

tzframpton
21st May 2007, 09:01 pm
your VIEWPORTS are stacked on top of each other. either use the Send To Back/Front command or make the Viewport edge smaller for the larger one, to get it out from on top of the smaller one. Hope this helps. :)

riga
21st May 2007, 09:25 pm
your VIEWPORTS are stacked on top of each other.

From the picture this could be the problem. When you are in one viewport and want to switch to the other one use CTRL+R

JaketheMan
21st May 2007, 09:57 pm
When i double click it asks me to speficy opposite corner and gives me two choices of a selection window depending which way I move my cursor, is there a way to turn that settng off to where I must click and drag? Or is there something else

JaketheMan
22nd May 2007, 01:36 am
From the picture this could be the problem. When you are in one viewport and want to switch to the other one use CTRL+R

Thank you Master in Guruism. I bow to you. :roll:

JaketheMan
22nd May 2007, 01:46 am
Now it seems that when im in model mode in paperspace my mouse isnt showing most of them. i dont know what this could be caused by but its annoying not to be able to see what i am trying to grab. any ideas on cad settings that would fix this

riga
22nd May 2007, 05:12 am
I have some ideas on settings that could fix this, but obviously you you don't need my suggestions to solve your problem