PDA

View Full Version : hatch density

steetie
1st Jun 2007, 04:53 pm
i am working on acad 2004. i just hatched an object with the hatch 'dots' and the density 29. i just tried to hatch another object in the same drawing with the same hatch and density, and it's saying it's too small. it's even saying density 60 is too small. i need them to be the same, and i need them closer to the 29 density to show up properly. suggestions?

boreschd
1st Jun 2007, 05:18 pm
Try hatching a larger object such as a really big box at the hatch scale you need. Then move the hatch pattern over the object you intend to hatch and trim the hatch to the object. This problem usually occurs with non-continuous hatch patterns (i.e. dots, concrete, grass), the hatch patterns that don't have continuous lines across them.

steetie
1st Jun 2007, 05:31 pm
How do you trim a hatch?

boreschd
1st Jun 2007, 05:33 pm
Command line prompts

>Trim>Select the object to trim to>Enter>Select the hatch pattern outside the object>Enter

steetie
1st Jun 2007, 05:53 pm
it won't hatch the big box...not with low density, anyway. so i think i'll have to give up and just do the ansi31. that one works, even though it's not the texture i'd like.

steetie
1st Jun 2007, 05:55 pm
oh, and i tried to trim a hatch, just to see if i could do it. when i click on the hatch to trim it, it says 'cannot trim this object'.

steetie
1st Jun 2007, 06:18 pm
so the person i'm doing this for doesn't like the idea of the ansi31 hatch. i tried 'solid'. that one refuses to work at all! i don't understand. it just says 'unable to fill the boundary with solid.'

steetie
1st Jun 2007, 08:12 pm
in case anyone was wondering, my solution is to use ansi31 and give it a density of .25 so it looks solid.

jules_s
1st Jun 2007, 08:23 pm
Im pretty sure you cant trim hatch in 2004.

Have you tried matching the hatch to the first one?

fuccaro
1st Jun 2007, 08:59 pm
Sometimes I see just for no reason two hatches looking differrent but the properties window says that they are identicall. Other times I can not use the same hatch pattern I used 5 minutes ago in the same drawing. In all these cases I quickly save my drawings and I restart AutoCAD. If I continue the work usualy I get an error message, something like "hatch pattern can not be read from file" and AutoCAD terminates unexpectedly.

jules_s
1st Jun 2007, 09:25 pm
Sometimes I see just for no reason two hatches looking differrent but the properties window says that they are identicall. Other times I can not use the same hatch pattern I used 5 minutes ago in the same drawing. In all these cases I quickly save my drawings and I restart AutoCAD. If I continue the work usualy I get an error message, something like "hatch pattern can not be read from file" and AutoCAD terminates unexpectedly.

I've had this *lots* of times too.....usually when ive got somebody using LT that has edited the drawing.

Isn't this an ISO/LIN type problem? I've noticed acad default back to imperial linetype/hatch palletes in the past :roll:

PS: audit first then save/quit for me :wink:

riga
1st Jun 2007, 09:42 pm
Sometimes I see just for no reason two hatches looking differrent but the properties window says that they are identicall.

That happened to me many times working with files I recived from other people, copying part of draw to my files and so on.
I think it it depends on the setting of the variable MEASUREMENT (0=imperial - 1=metric). Hatches created with that variable set on 1 or set on 0 looks very different because the pattern file is not the same, but when you look at proprieties they appear identical.