PDA

View Full Version : copy a drawing from one file to another??

ashehadeh
13th Jun 2007, 09:48 pm
I want to know how to copy a drawing from one file to another...:(

Thanks for every one!!v:)

i tried to use edit/copy. It works if i want to copy and paste within a file, but it's not working if i tried to copy a drawing from one file and paste it in another file>

James
13th Jun 2007, 09:54 pm
edit>copy?

ashehadeh
13th Jun 2007, 09:56 pm
I want to know how to copy a drawing from one file to another..

RFRUSSO
13th Jun 2007, 10:17 pm
It's easy. Select every thing that you want to copy over Then hold down the Ctrl button and hit the C key. Go over to your new drawing and hold down the Ctrl button and hit the V key. Done and done.

zars
13th Jun 2007, 10:36 pm
Well, there are several ways, you can also hold down the ctrl button and hit the A, that will select everything, then Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V in the new Drawing, Another would be the Saveas command or copy and paste within windows and rename the file.

fuccaro
14th Jun 2007, 06:04 am
XREF
WBLOCK the wirst drawing (or just save it) and INSERT>BLOCK into the other one
CTRL+SHIFT+C in the first drawing and CTRL+V in the second one (copy with base point)
CTRL+C in the first drawing and CTRL+V in the second one (simple copy/paste)

Tiger
14th Jun 2007, 06:33 am
ctrl+alt+c (copy with basepoint)

riga
14th Jun 2007, 06:50 am
I want to know how to copy a drawing from one file to another...:(

Thanks for every one!!v:)

i tried to use edit/copy. It works if i want to copy and paste within a file, but it's not working if i tried to copy a drawing from one file and paste it in another file>

I have heard some different cases where copy/paste does not work (for example if you are working with autocad 2000 on a dwg generated with autocad 2007 and saved to older dwg format) so not easy to say what is your problem.

Anyway this is something to be aware using copy/paste: http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/qaID.asp?tip=3812

fuccaro
14th Jun 2007, 07:24 am
Ashehadeh
Please post a question only once. If you didn't get good answer(s) you can rephrase your question in the same thread and wait for new answers.
Thank you.

I moved all the related posts here.