PDA

View Full Version : Adding an attribute to a block

Siberian
17th Sep 2007, 11:31 am
How do I add an attribute to a block so that the text in the block doesn't mirror while the rest of the block does? "Mirrtext" doesn't affect blocks. I'm reading about it in the help-section, but I'm not really getting any smarter...

NBC
17th Sep 2007, 11:42 am
when you have created your attribute, AND before you exit the block creation; select your attribute. open properties tab, scroll down to the misc section. ensure backward is set to no.
save the block.
you may need to use ATTSYNC to update the block.

dbroada
17th Sep 2007, 12:13 pm
I can't get attributes in my block to mirror!

lpseifert
17th Sep 2007, 12:20 pm
I can't get attributes in my block to mirror!
Mirrtext=1

CADken
17th Sep 2007, 01:16 pm
here's a link to my same questions :lol:

http://cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15200&highlight=attribute

dbroada
17th Sep 2007, 01:50 pm
Mirrtext=1
I was commenting to Siberian' original post saying that MIRRTEXT doesn't affect attributes. In my case it would appear to.

NBC
17th Sep 2007, 01:59 pm
I was commenting to Siberian' original post saying that MIRRTEXT doesn't affect attributes. In my case it would appear to.

I think the reason you are not experiencing the effect of MIRRTEXT Dave, is that it only has an impact on blocks that are placed AFTER MIRRTEXT has been changed.

Try inserting a block as normal and mirroring it, then change MIRRTEXT, then insert the same block and mirror it.
you should see a difference.

Siberian
17th Sep 2007, 09:35 pm
I was commenting to Siberian' original post saying that MIRRTEXT doesn't affect attributes.

I'm saying it doesn't affect blocks, not attributes.