PDA

View Full Version : Looking for paid assitance

Mustey
20th Sep 2007, 09:08 am
Hi all!

I need to render a small picture, featuring a fake (3D) model which is a mock up of a building about to be constructed - from a couple of drawings I received from an architect. I don't know much about Autocad 2008, I am actually satisfied with just being able to install the thing and get it working :D.

If there is a "make 3D model out of all this crap" button, I wouldn't find it. If I did, I wouldn't be able to texturize it (or maybe it already has textures in it and I just don't see them?) and even if I did, I am not certain I can render something as good as this:
http://stgeorgepalace.com/cms/images/stories/gallery/stgp-facade/02.jpg (this picture is actually great but it doesn't show the complex like this one, which is outdated: http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4090/old3dca4.png)

Here's the material I have to work with: http://files-upload.com/files/514424/ACAD.rar (http://files-upload.com/files/514424/ACAD.rar)

I don't know how much to offer. Also, it has to be done in 24 hours.
Please send me a quote to:
email: mustey@gmail.com

I am from Bulgaria and going to check the local talent, I doubt I will find anything. I can pay you via PayPal and If you are willing to wait
via Western Union Cash or Bank Wire Transfer.

Thanks in advance. Tod.

hendie
20th Sep 2007, 11:13 am
24 hours ?
I would look for at least two or three days to do a decent to good render. But then again, I don't do this type of thing all the time, no doubt there are others who are faster than me.
For a start we have no idea what the quality of the original work is like. It may be perfect... or it may take days to fix any issue before even being able to render successfully.

Mustey
20th Sep 2007, 11:22 am
Yeah, I have sent email to some professional firms. Doesn't look cheap or fast.
I thought this post would have been uselful for me because just yesterday I posted something regarding Joomla content manager and got me some private lessons 15 minutes after I posted.
I guess this task is a little more sophisticated.

riga
20th Sep 2007, 11:37 am
I thought this post would have been uselful for me because just yesterday I posted something regarding Joomla content manager and got me some private lessons 15 minutes after I posted.

By the way the rar file with the drawings you uploaded looks corrupted (or at least that's what my winrar says)

Lazer
20th Sep 2007, 12:04 pm
30 meg in size too, works internet is slow at the moment so I have to give that a miss.

hendie
20th Sep 2007, 02:07 pm

2 different fish I am afraid.
You could have lessons in rendering in seconds here but what you are asking is way above that.
And if you do find someone... beware ! Anyone can "render" but there is a LOT of skill involved in creating something that looks good ! and it takes a lot of time.
For example, in some of my work I have rendered the same scene several hundred times making slight adjustments each time to get it to look the way I wanted it

Hedgehog
20th Sep 2007, 02:23 pm
For example, in some of my work I have rendered the same scene several hundred times making slight adjustments each time to get it to look the way I wanted it
... yup... it's when cad-op becomes cad-artist :wink:

Cad64
20th Sep 2007, 02:35 pm
I just checked out the files you supplied, but they are just a bunch of 2D drawings. So basically you are looking for someone to build this model, create materials, set up the scene with trees, people, cars, background image, lighting, etc. and render it in 24 hrs? :lol:

A job like that would take at least 2 to 3 weeks, working full time every day. :?