Help My new web site

Squirrel Cottage

Hi Boys and Girls

I trust you are all well and in good spirits.

I realise that this threadmay be seen as free advertising and is very much jumped on from a great height and I will understand if any member would flag this thread as spam etc and would wish it to be removed without delay. So before submiting this thread I asked Dave if had any objection and his reply

Hi Alan,

That's fine. I suggest you post in the web design forum amd you probabably better mention that you asked me first and got the OK.

David

I was wondering if I could drawer on your expertise and visit my new web site and give any constructive criticism on its construction, content, broken links, spelling and grammar etc. I realise that this is an unusual request but I know you guys from old and will tell me the way it is without pulling punches, by telling what I need to know without dressing it up.

I would like to put some form of security on my contact page to stop the junk mailers. So I was wondering if it would be possible to use something like CAPTCHA http://mailhide.recaptcha.net/ and if it was possible with HTML. So if this can be done could some member give me instructions on how to go about it and where to insert the code, remembering I am as thick as two short tree trucks when it comes to anything like this?

One final thing should any member like to have a link inserted on the links page them please feel free to let me have details and will give it full consideration at the same time I would not expect any member to return the favour.

www.alanwakefield.co.uk

Kind Regards Alan

:? your link don't work!

Good evening Lazer

I presume you mean the link on the contact page. Well there is no link on that page it’s a cut and past job as it says in the blur to help keep the junk mailers away. Or if you mean the link on the games room page that as not been proof read by matron.

Thank you for your comments it is most appreciated

Alan

Must have been my problem, I clicked your link to bring up your website and it didn't work, now its working, sorry my error.

Hi

There was a problem a little earlier the site went pair shaped basically all the fonts went on a walk about so I called time gave them a dressing down kicked their backsides relit the blue touch paper and set it back with their tails between its legs and hopefully it is now working.

So there is no need to apologies.

I've just had a quick look at the homepage an one other - will look at more when the hour's not so late :wink:

It's looking good Alan - I love the very personal touch you manage to convey so well

I wondered why you'd not been about on here much recently - it looks like you've been quite busy!

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just checked out your site one thing I noticed is that its not XHTML valid as it brings up a few errors in the code to help with getting better rankings. Also I would add alt tags and title tags to images too.

I would also change the text allignemetn to left alligned as its quite difficult to read.

The links all seem to work well and I think you have done well not to show your email address.

I have a contact script on my site rather than a link to just power up outlook but I found that I was still getting spam from people who were bothering to fill in the form. To get round this in a fashion I requested visitors must enter a word similar to the PHP capture method for stopping the spam I still get the spam from time to time but it stops the robots at least.