PDA

View Full Version : Tips or tricks required...

mooke
28th Nov 2007, 04:59 pm
Hi, i have only been using cad for about 6 months or so and in two weeks time the cad team in my office are having a lunch n learn day. In this, each member MUST have a good tip or trick to present n i have no clue of any tips or tricks that any of the more experienced cad people wouldnt know already. so if anyone could provide a good tip or trick for autocad 2005 that ould wow the rest of them it would be very much appreciated!! thanks

GE13579
28th Nov 2007, 05:06 pm
Have a look in the "Tutorials, Tips 'n' Tricks" section... :huh:

rkent
28th Nov 2007, 05:11 pm
I hope you don't have to find something each time that no one knows, that could be impossible. However there are quite a few tips out there that half may know and the other half not. Here is one I pulled from another forum, it is pretty sweet.

3. Use tracking (TK) to stretch objects and dimensions: If you have a dimensioned object that has a "weird" value (like "21.6862" and it needs to be "22") simply use the STRETCH command like you normally would, and when prompted to pick a basepoint, select the node of the dimension that will be stretched, enter TK for TracKing, select the opposite node of the dimensions extension line, drag the cursor in the direction to be stretch (but don't pick), enter the desired total length (eg. "22") and press the Enter key twice.

SLW210
28th Nov 2007, 05:13 pm
And also, just browse through as many threads as you can on here, because there may be some tips scattered throughout the forum. Be sure to check the tip out on 2005 to make sure it is applicable to that version. :thumbsup:

rkent
28th Nov 2007, 05:31 pm
With Ortho on, start the Change command, pick some lines, now pick a point on the screen or use perp osnap and pick on a line you want all those lines perpendicular to. There will be limitations on how far apart the lines are and which end you pick nearest to. Maybe there are lines extending beyond a perpendicular line, some extend over slightly on one side and some slightly on the other. Using the above method you can stop all the lines at the perp line with out trimming various lines on each side of the line. Hope that makes sense. This can be used to correct lines that should have been at 90 degrees or 0 degrees and have gotten rotated slightly off of ortho.

beammeup
28th Nov 2007, 05:34 pm
kinda a simple, silly one... but useful sometimes. if you want to stretch some lines in one direction pick the objects to highlight grips then while holding shift key you pick the grips at the ends of the lines you want to stretch, the grips you pick turn red, pick one grip again move crosshairs in direction you want to go and input a value. handy when you only want to stretch a couple of lines amongst many.

Meh
28th Nov 2007, 06:09 pm
I thought this one was pretty interesting.
http://www.cadtutor.net/corner/2007/november.php

SLW210
28th Nov 2007, 06:17 pm
I thought this one was pretty interesting.
http://www.cadtutor.net/corner/2007/november.php

Which one? If it is the Password protected drawing, you better heed this warning and make a backup.

Note: You better remember this password. You will NOT have a "Forgot Password" link like you do on all those websites that require a password - that you forgot. I would recommend making a backup copy of this drawing first… especially if you're forgetful.