help! array of solid dots

leonthemaster00

Hello,

I am making a photolithography mask on Autocad 2008 student and need to put down an array 250,000 (250 thousand!) dots. I tried creating tiny circles, filling them in using the solid hatch, and using the array command. Unfortunately I hit the upper limit of how many elements I can have. Is there an easy way to do this? maybe a custom hatch? but seems like hatches only accept lines. It seems very difficult to create a solid dot using just lines.

Thanks!

Leon

... photolithography mask ...

say what? :?

does the dots have to be at specific distances from each other? Granted, I don't know what the upper limit to Array is - but one way is to make the Array at the upper limit, then Mirror the dots until you got as many as you need, the amount to mirror doubles each time so it goes faster and faster but still a lengthy process I'd imagine....

(setenv "MaxArray" "250000")

Use this string to change the registry variable MAXARRAY and set it to a value that fits your needs.

For my computer (not that powerful) it's a hard workto manage all those donuts :sick: :D

• 2 years later...

Should someone stumble upon this thread...

If the dots don't have to be manipulated individually one should use blocks.

In the example above, create an array of 10×10 (100), make it a block, then create a 10×10 array of those blocks (10.000), make it a block and create a 5×5 array (250.000).

No object limit, and the comp. will be able to handle it too.

Other step sizes may be more optimal.