PDA

View Full Version : Points Not Appearing

Molly
4th Feb 2008, 06:08 pm
My job requires that i be able to open drawings that contain point groups. For some reason when i open these drawings the points don't appear. I have both Map and civil 3D 2006 Installed on my computer. The weird thing is that others are able to open these drawings and see the points in either program at any other workstation in the office. I have tried point style, toolspace manager visibility. If there is a setting or if anyone knows something else that can be done to fix this problem. Thanks

Tiger
4th Feb 2008, 06:18 pm
is point style the same as the variable PDMODE? Have you checked PDSIZE?

Molly
4th Feb 2008, 06:30 pm
yes those have both been changed and still nothing appears

LElkins
4th Feb 2008, 06:37 pm
pdsize and pdmode are drawing specific, so if it looks fine on another machine it should look fine on all.

Have you tried just zooming out and do a regen?

Cheers

Molly
4th Feb 2008, 06:40 pm
yes i have tried zooming in and out, and regen and regenall still nothing. could it possibly be something with the installation of the program.

mahahaavaaha
4th Feb 2008, 07:05 pm
Hi,

how'bout selecting? Are they actually there? No startupmacro rearranging layers etc...

/Petri

SLW210
4th Feb 2008, 07:10 pm
Is the layer they are on OFF or FROZEN?

Molly
4th Feb 2008, 07:18 pm
The points cant even be selected within the drawing. it just tells me that there are 0 objects. All the layers are turned on, and unfrozen. The points have been isolated to a seperate drawing so that they are the only thing within the drawing. The thumbnail view when opening the drawing shows them. But once the drawing opens they're not there.

SLW210
4th Feb 2008, 07:20 pm
What happens if you try _QSELECT?

hazardman
4th Feb 2008, 07:38 pm
i wonder if this has anything to do with displaying proxy objects (these points may be special geometry not native to your version of acad)...there is a proxyshow variable so make sure it's set to 1...

rustysilo
4th Feb 2008, 08:34 pm
Sounds sorta fishy. How were said points created/imported into the .dwg?

NBC
4th Feb 2008, 10:51 pm
These 'points' sound like they are some form of survey cloud data. you will need either a program called cloudworx or the autocad cloudworx plug-in to view these 'points'

Molly
5th Feb 2008, 04:52 pm
The proxyshow is set to 1. I can get the 1773 points selected with quick select, any hints as to to how to make them visible. Now that I least know that they are there. The points are in a point group imported from land desktop.

rustysilo
5th Feb 2008, 05:00 pm
Did you import them yourself? If so, check the style that is applied to them. Perhaps the display is turned off. Use qselect to pick them and right-click > point group properties and you will see in there where to change or modify the styles.
You can also do this via the Toolspace > Points

SLW210
5th Feb 2008, 05:13 pm
This may sound simple, but make sure the layer they are inserted on is not the same color of your background.

Molly
5th Feb 2008, 05:45 pm
I have changed the layer color within the toolspace points and within layer manager, I have made the points visible in 2D and 3D, I did not import these points myself others are able to open the drawing and see the points just not me on this computer.

rustysilo
5th Feb 2008, 08:36 pm
Post the file if you can.

Molly
5th Feb 2008, 09:26 pm
Here is part of a file that contains some of the points that i need to see.

dumfatnhappy
5th Feb 2008, 09:38 pm
I'm stumped. tried everything but could never produce/see any entities/points

???

NBC
5th Feb 2008, 10:26 pm
I can see points.
Do you have Land Desktop Object Enablers installed ?
I think once you have that installed that it may solve the problem of being unable to view the points

dumfatnhappy
5th Feb 2008, 10:29 pm
ah.....I'm not a dirt merchant so no land here. I did see them in the thumbnail display (as Molly stated) but no matter what, couldn't produce them. only found the block adcadd_ZZ which held nothing as far as I could tell too.....

lpseifert
5th Feb 2008, 10:31 pm
I opened you dwg w/ C3D, selected a point, and was an AECC_POINT, which means you'll probably need an object enabler to see them, or have someone convert them to acad points for you.

rustysilo
5th Feb 2008, 10:34 pm
I see them just fine here.

If you're using Civil 3D or Land Desktop these should show up. You could always convert them to Civil 3D cogo points and apply a style to them.

I'm not sure why you can't see them unless you're using regular AutoCAD (or a non-civil product) and you're not according to your post.

rustysilo
5th Feb 2008, 10:41 pm
Strange. I just tried converting them and it isn't working.

Is this simply a drawing created in Land Desktop?

Try starting a new dwg and doing a File > Import > Import Data from Land Desktop to grab the points from your project OR open the file in Land Desktop and export the points to an .xml file and then import the .xml into Civil 3D.

NBC
5th Feb 2008, 11:36 pm
Maybe the reason the thread starter cannot see these points (created by Land Desktop) is because they are using Map 2006, and the points came from Land Desktop 2007. Like I said earlier, download and install Land Desktop 2007 Object Enabler and they will be visible.

Simple really.
Now people, no need to copy what I write anymore :)

Molly
5th Feb 2008, 11:48 pm
Thanks for the tips i'll give those a try once i get some help from helpdesk as i cant install anything. I'll let you all know if this works

Molly
6th Feb 2008, 12:57 am
It works. The object enabler that I downloaded was what was needed. Thanks

Alan Cullen
6th Feb 2008, 01:06 am
Ahhhhh, Blue. You've done it again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

mahahaavaaha
6th Feb 2008, 08:39 am
Hi,

I see the points. AutoCAD 2008, no OE's installed, RD 2008 installed. Error message on opening stating that Objects generated by earlier version of some "vertical" app in dwg, List of one point:

AECC_POINT Layer: "0"
Space: Model space
Handle = 2bfd
Text Location : (69662.24, 5870533.50, 0.00)
Text Rotation :
Normal : (0.00, 0.00, 1.00)
Group Name :
Point Number : 2001502
Point Name :
Northing : 5870533.50
Easting : 69662.24
Elevation : 752.90 XDRef:
Raw Description : BOCURB XDRef:
Full Description : BOCURB
Marker Location : (69662.24, 5870533.50, 0.00)

Screenshot:

/Petri

NBC
6th Feb 2008, 09:22 am
Ahhhhh, Blue. You've done it again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that your Britney Spears impression Alan ?

Alan Cullen
6th Feb 2008, 09:27 am
When I posted that, I thought to myself, "self, that sounds like a song".
But I couldn't figure out what the song was. You say Britney spears, I'll have to believe you there mate. Even my kids never liked her. :lol: :lol: :twisted:

But well done, mate. You were right all along. o:) :P

rustysilo
6th Feb 2008, 07:16 pm
Funny thing is, she is using Civil 3D as stated in her first post. Civil 3D should have displayed those objects from the beginning. Map installs with C3D, therefore if she opened Map only the enablers should have been there as well. Perhaps her installation got shammed or something... unless Map was installed separately for some reason in which case someone may have gotten ripped off if Map 3D was purchased separately as Civil 3D ships with Map 3D. :wink:

At any rate, glad it's working now.

NBC
6th Feb 2008, 07:24 pm
As I stated earlier, the thread starter appears to be using Map 2006. Whereas the points the points were created Land Desktop 2007, therefore object enablers were necessary.

Any product of 2006 version would require object enablers when trying to view/access objects created using a newer release of any product.