PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the day

Dipali
25th Mar 2008, 02:35 pm
I check 'Tip of the day' section on home page evry day. & also amke a copy of it in my help document for future refference.

I used Today's tip by Dbroda for almost more than 50 times in the day.

what I want to know that do we have archives of this section (where all the tips r stored) on this site?

Cad64
25th Mar 2008, 02:41 pm
Resources > Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks > Contribute a tip, become famous (http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11722)

Dipali
25th Mar 2008, 02:47 pm
I Know That Section, But I Was Thinking May Be There Is Organised Archives Of The Published Tip's Of The Day Somewhere On Site.

CADTutor
25th Mar 2008, 03:22 pm
All the homepage tips are derived from the tips contributed to the forum. The tips of the day are stored in a database and are rotated - currently, there are about 50 of them, so they repeat every 7 weeks or so.

I have been asked a few times if I would make all the tips available all the time but the whole idea of the "tip of the day" is that it would encourage people to visit the site on a regular basis. As website owners will know, this is a *good thing*.

Perhaps, as a concession, I could allow users of the site to view last week's tips. What do you think?

Hedgehog
25th Mar 2008, 03:57 pm
The problem is I hardly ever go onto the home page & am even less likely to navigate down to the bottom of it (tho' I will now of course)... I may have seen it before without it being seen of any great use or importance (espescially to people who know most of the tips already) but I'm sure it has a few absolute gems, such as this one, that I'd have missed... a link to a directory of a selection or all of the tips would be of great use IMO...similar to the idea behind the FAQ... just my 2p :)

dbroada
25th Mar 2008, 04:21 pm
I only added it to the "become famous" section because David asked for more contributions. we had a few weeks with many extra tips added then it all went quiet for a while. Hopefully this will encourage another burst of additions!

They don't have to be earth shattering to be useful. I consider my tips to be simple things that I have "always known" but noted new staff not using them, something found by chance or something I spotted somebody else doing.

SLW210
25th Mar 2008, 04:45 pm
I think previous weeks would be a great addition.

tzframpton
25th Mar 2008, 05:05 pm
The problem is I hardly ever go onto the home page & am even less likely to navigate down to the bottom of it (tho' I will now of course)... I may have seen it before without it being seen of any great use or importance (espescially to people who know most of the tips already)
That's because you're an active member in the Forum. Lots of members aren't "active members" and come here only for reference. Trust me, I bet anything the Tip of the Day gets it's uses. :)

Dipali
26th Mar 2008, 08:12 am
Perhaps, as a concession, I could allow users of the site to view last week's tips. What do you think?

That would be excellent.
I make sure to visist home page every day but was not in the office for 3 days & than i was to busy the next day so forgot to visit.
In those case last week's tip would be good advantage.
As said by others, I know they r very simple thing & some of them we already know, but u still come across somehting u don't every now & then.

so yes, thumbs up for last week's tips.:)

CADTutor
26th Mar 2008, 12:37 pm
OK, ladies :wink:, your wish is my command (as long as I think it's a good idea).

You can now see the last 7 tips published by clicking the link below today's tip on the homepage. For those of you too lazy to go there, just click here (http://www.cadtutor.net/tips/).

Don't ever let it be said that I don't earn my keep around here. Hmm earn?

tzframpton
26th Mar 2008, 02:27 pm
David, that's great man. I love the new little addition to the Tip of the Day page. Good idea!! :thumbsup:

Dipali
26th Mar 2008, 02:56 pm
David,

Thanks for that. Really apreciate it.

CADTutor
26th Mar 2008, 03:12 pm
No problem, it was a good idea 8)

Strix
27th Mar 2008, 04:41 am
that's what I love about this place :) always evolving and always takes note of the input of it's users :)

azzro10
27th Mar 2008, 04:45 am
i love tip of the day, now i dont have to worry about missing 1,
cheers CADTutor