XREF insertion issue

Barry Clark

I have an operator here who has an XREF that he brought in and it did not line up as it should with the remainder of the drawing. He then went in to the drawing being XREF'ed and reset the origin so that it would line up properly. When he did so, the XREF did move but no to where he set the origin. The XREF is still showing the insertion point some place other than where he has the origin set on his XREF'ed drawing.

Any thoughts?

I have an operator here who has an XREF that he brought in and it did not line up as it should with the remainder of the drawing. He then went in to the drawing being XREF'ed and reset the origin so that it would line up properly. When he did so, the XREF did move but no to where he set the origin. The XREF is still showing the insertion point some place other than where he has the origin set on his XREF'ed drawing.

Any thoughts?

Just move it like moving any other object. I would get this from time to time at my former job. Another CAD person would xref a building that was supposed to line up next to the building we were working on and he would do it wrong. Just move it and line it up.

Any thoughts?

Just move it like moving any other object. I would get this from time to time at my former job. Another CAD person would xref a building that was supposed to line up next to the building we were working on and he would do it wrong. Just move it and line it up.

Yes but we want to adjust the insertion point otherwise some of our prototypical drawings are not performing their function. None the less, it was only a matter of time before oxygen got to my brain. I was looking for INSBASE.

I understand, you want it done the correct way and not just a quick fix. I completely agree. Hope you got it figured out :)
Yep, all square. :D

• 1 year later...

The Origin Point of both, the drawing containing the xref and the xref itself, should be set to 0,0,0 and then , when promted about the insertion point you just choose default 0,0,0 (x,y,z)

:shock:

• 6 years later...