PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Selecting Hatches

hellnback
28th May 2008, 04:11 am
Hi all,

I have a drawing (map of a farm) and each of the paddocks contain a solid hatch, these are on various layers (eg. grazing, scrub). Anyway, my problem is trying to select these hatches, I use MATCHPROP but then have trouble select the source hatch then also have problems selecting the target (even using crossing).
It seems that I have to click right on the hatch origin for it to work, which can be tricky with a complex hatch boundary.
So is there a way/variable to change the way hatches are selected.

Cheers, Brad.

Alan Cullen
28th May 2008, 04:20 am
Dunno if this will help. It's from the FAQ.....

http://www.cadtutor.net/faq/questions/9/How+do+I+snap+to+a+Hatch%3F

hellnback
28th May 2008, 04:27 am
Thanks Alan, but alas.... it didn't help.

Arch_Eric
28th May 2008, 04:37 am
If you find a way, please let me know.

RobDraw
28th May 2008, 02:18 pm
If the proplem is overlapping objects, use Ctrl+Shift and left click to cycle through the objects until the hatch is highlighted.

LCE
28th May 2008, 02:35 pm
I know this can be a bit of a wild 1 with complex shapes, but try aiming for the middle of the hatch.
Select the hatch first and make a mental note of where the grip is, and then when you are trying to matchprop aim for the middle and you should pick it up.

Alan Cullen
28th May 2008, 03:33 pm
Or you can do what I do....move the mouse cursor all around until you get a response. Then go for it.....

hellnback
28th May 2008, 11:38 pm
Or you can do what I do....move the mouse cursor all around until you get a response. Then go for it.....
:lol: Yes, that seems the best way.... (and adds to my left click RSI!!)