PDA

View Full Version : Overkilll against vba cleaning

erik_NL
3rd Jun 2008, 08:58 am
yesterday did some cleaning with overkill ( Express Tools ). Started at 10.00 in the morning and at circa 16.30 i wend home. Does everybody has this problem ?

i'm making a vba to clean drawings which are original maked by a apple cad program ( couldn't get more information ) en these have a lot of blocks ( i can explode thes in vba, that's cleared ) but also a LOT of double lines so i think; run overkill but as this take so much time a drawing it ain't nice anymore. :(

Anybode has a vba solution that can compete with overkill and doesn't take as much time ?

Hedgehog
3rd Jun 2008, 10:11 am
OVERKILL is best used on smaller collections of around 10,000 entities. 50,000 entities will normally take a couple of mins etc etc... so if you can devide the task into sections of your drawing then you'll cut the time considerably (& if you think about it comparing one side of a massive drawing against the other is fairly pointless).

In the past I've also used a lisp called DUPREM.lsp (you can find it on google) but it's not as comprehensive.

erik_NL
3rd Jun 2008, 10:24 am
In the past I've also used a lisp called DUPREM.lsp (you can find it on google) but it's not as comprehensive.

ah, i will test duprem.lsp. I'm now running a testdrive with 10 drawings, whit my cleanup vba program. But even this takes so long ( about 10 tot 15 minutes a drawing ) with no special commands. I can't find why this drawings are so work intensive. I ( and collegues ) tried a lot of things, on different computers/setups but it really takes to long and we do have about 45 floors with updates on regular base. :( :(

hardwired
3rd Jun 2008, 12:40 pm
.......Started at 10.00 in the morning and at circa 16.30 i wend home. Does everybody has this problem ?

Yeah, don't think that's a problem though - you're lucky, i start at 9:00 and go home at 18:00, lol

erik_NL
3rd Jun 2008, 12:43 pm
Yeah, don't think that's a problem though - you're lucky, i start at 9:00 and go home at 18:00, lol

No, you'r lucky.
I start at 08.00 :) :)
( overkill on the other hand ... )

i have started a other thread for the overall problem.
vba cleaning drawing with vba. (http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23929)