Unknown command m2p

Stampede

Hello, please help me with the command i'm encountering using shift+right click then "mid between 2 points" i'm having this "unknown command "M2P" Press F1 for help"

Thank you very much for the help

Hello, please help me with the command i'm encountering using shift+right click then "mid between 2 points" i'm having this "unknown command "M2P" Press F1 for help"

it's kind of a subcommand. it is intended to be executed within a routine, it's an osnap override. int is intersection, but if you type it at the command line w/o a command running, it will give you the same response of not being a command.

execute the line command and then type m2p, you'll be prompted for 2 points and your line will then pick to the midpoint of the 2 picked points, very useful.

it's kind of a subcommand. it is intended to be executed within a routine, it's an osnap override. int is intersection, but if you type it at the command line w/o a command running, it will give you the same response of not being a command.

execute the line command and then type m2p, you'll be prompted for 2 points and your line will then pick to the midpoint of the 2 picked points, very useful.

it works when a line was made, but when i'm putting an object to be middle of the 2 points the unknown command was propting.

it works when a line was made, but when i'm putting an object to be middle of the 2 points the unknown command was propting.

when you say put, are you moving it or something else? as long as a command is active (be it normal command, lsp, transparrent, grip editing, etc.), all osnap overrides work.

maybe i'm just not understanding properly.

when you say put, are you moving it or something else? as long as a command is active (be it normal command, lsp, transparrent, grip editing, etc.), all osnap overrides work.

maybe i'm just not understanding properly.

yeah, i'm moving the selected object to move it in the middle of the 2 points.

yeah, i'm moving the selected object to move it in the middle of the 2 points.

this is just a basic move procedure (moving a rec. between 2 lines.

your commandline should look something like this:

Command: m MOVE

Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 1 found

Select objects:

Specify base point or [Displacement] : Specify second point or

: m2p First point of mid: Second

point of mid:

post me an example so i can look at exactly what issue it's giving you.

this is just a basic move procedure (moving a rec. between 2 lines.

your commandline should look something like this:

post me an example so i can look at exactly what issue it's giving you.

I have tried the procedure that you provide it works now.

thank you very much for the help. it really helps. thanks a lot.:D

I have tried the procedure that you provide it works now.

thank you very much for the help. it really helps. thanks a lot.:D

awesome, glad to help :)

what were you doing different?

just so you know, you can also type mtp instead if that's more comfortable.

cheers

awesome, glad to help :)

what were you doing different?

just so you know, you can also type mtp instead if that's more comfortable.

cheers

i have tried m2p and mtp same unknown command for both command. I dont know what happend to my autocad. hehehe.... but with those 2 command its more easy but it doesn't work. maybe i need to reinstall my autocad then. but thanks for the help.

:? I thought you said it worked?

If it works, great, problem solved.

If it only works sometimes, then you are doing something wrong and further investigation is required to figure out what the problem is.

If it doesn't work, and you get "Unknown Command", then you should uninstall Autocad and then reinstall, or run a repair on your installation.

You need to be clear when posting messages. It's very difficult to determine if you are still having problems or not? :unsure:

Are your other Object snaps working properly?

Are you having trouble with any other commands?

Have you tried shutting down Autocad and restarting?

i have tried m2p and mtp same unknown command for both command. I dont know what happend to my autocad. hehehe.... but with those 2 command its more easy but it doesn't work. maybe i need to reinstall my autocad then. but thanks for the help.

wait, so is it working or not?

if you are getting occasional issues, it sounds more user related. make sure you are executing a command before you attempt an osnap override.

:? I thought you said it worked?

If it works, great, problem solved.

If it only works sometimes, then you are doing something wrong and further investigation is required to figure out what the problem is.

If it doesn't work, and you get "Unknown Command", then you should uninstall Autocad and then reinstall, or run a repair on your installation.

You need to be clear when posting messages. It's very difficult to determine if you are still having problems or not? :unsure:

Are your other Object snaps working properly?

Are you having trouble with any other commands?

Have you tried shutting down Autocad and restarting?

my bad, sorry for the trouble. but before the unknown command happend the mtp and m2p works fine. :oops:

object snaps is working just fine.

right now those are the only command that i'm having problem.

yeah i have already restart the autocad even my laptop i have also restarted it.

wait, so is it working or not?

if you are getting occasional issues, it sounds more user related. make sure you are executing a command before you attempt an osnap override.

sorry, i'm just a begginer with autocad, how to check the problem with osnap?

sorry, i'm just a begginer with autocad, how to check the problem with osnap?

i can't be 100% without actually standing behind you, but it sounds like you are executing m2p or any other osnap override (endp, ins, int, mid, etc.) while a command is not active. m2p is not a command, it's a snap and will only work within an active command.

this is straight from help:

The midpoint between two points (MTP) command modifier can be used with running object snaps or object snap overrides. (OSNAP command)

At any Command prompt to locate a point, enter mtp or m2p.

First point of mid: Specify a point

Second point of mid: Specify a second point

i'm not sure what else i can say, i hope this helps :) good luck. autocad is an incredible program with an extensively vast amount of options to perform a specific action. it can be a little overwhelming at first. when i first started with cad, i would sit there for hours and just play around with the commands to see what all i could do with them. truthfully, the best thing you can do is be around people that have been using autocad.

i've been using autocad for 8 years (18-26), a few years ago i started working along side an engineer that had been using cad since the 80s, i couldn't believe the procedures he knew to make life so much easier. this may seem silly, but i almost pissed my pants when he showed me the command line version of layer. i immediately opened my pgp file, redefined la as -layer and i couldn't image creating layers (on the fly) or making random quick changes to a layer (color, linetype, etc) quicker. i think the only time i every open the layer dialog is to viewport change a layer's color (best thing to come out of 08).

when you've been doing this for an extended period of time, you will learn so many ways to do the same thing. it's up to you to decide what's the best, quickest and most effortless way for you.

i can't be 100% without actually standing behind you, but it sounds like you are executing m2p or any other osnap override (endp, ins, int, mid, etc.) while a command is not active. m2p is not a command, it's a snap and will only work within an active command.

this is straight from help:

i'm not sure what else i can say, i hope this helps :) good luck. autocad is an incredible program with an extensively vast amount of options to perform a specific action. it can be a little overwhelming at first. when i first started with cad, i would sit there for hours and just play around with the commands to see what all i could do with them. truthfully, the best thing you can do is be around people that have been using autocad.

i've been using autocad for 8 years (18-26), a few years ago i started working along side an engineer that had been using cad since the 80s, i couldn't believe the procedures he knew to make life so much easier. this may seem silly, but i almost pissed my pants when he showed me the command line version of layer. i immediately opened my pgp file, redefined la as -layer and i couldn't image creating layers (on the fly) or making random quick changes to a layer (color, linetype, etc) quicker. i think the only time i every open the layer dialog is to viewport change a layer's color (best thing to come out of 08).

when you've been doing this for an extended period of time, you will learn so many ways to do the same thing. it's up to you to decide what's the best, quickest and most effortless way for you.

Thanks a lot for the help and the advice, i'm really thankfull there are like you help us newbee. Thank you very much.

Thanks a lot for the help and the advice, i'm really thankfull there are like you help us newbee. Thank you very much.

no problem, always glad to help. :)

on a side note, if you are not taking classes for cad, get a book on whatever version you are in and do a little reading. actually, even if you are, one of the cad books can be very useful. i got one for version 14 when i started because i wanted to learned to make flyout buttons (seems so silly now) and i didn't know anyone that could/would help.

here is a site that has free tuts for autocad.

http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/

actually, i'd just save my money & surf the net for help. forums, such as this one, can be a great learning tool.

• 6 years later...

Dude i solves this problem..make sure you do not exit or escape line command...first you execute line command then press shift+right click then select endpoint according your project..that definitely worked if i you have problem email me gomax1990@gmail.com..cheers

Remark : nice to meet you but actually post#14 i forget to read..

Edited by Nipun
forget to apply name of person that i want to reply

Welcome to CADTutor Nipun. :)

Please do us all a favor and avoid digging up old threads.

If you do, please make sure that you have something of value to add, meaning read them first, to see if they have already been resolved or not.

Stampede probably won't be emailing you back regarding your post, as he is no longer even a member on the forum, nor has he posted in a good many years. :|

There is a very good chance however that all sorts of other unwanted stuff will start showing up in your inbox, given that you have posted your active email address on a public forum. I suggest you EDIT your earlier post, and remove your email address.

Edited by Dadgad