Lines are "non coplaner" HUH??

Arnis

I'm a CAD LT 2005 user and I'm working on a file sent to me by an engineer. I want to chamfer and fillet some lines but I keep getting the message that the lines are non coplaner. I'm not trying to draw in 3-D. I can't!! How can the lines not be on the same plane if I copy one to get the second? :?

Is this not what coplaner means? :huh:

I'm being driven crazy here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Is there any way I can tell using LT? Is there any way to "turn it off?"

If I copy lines, why would the copy be on a different plane from the original line?

When you copy a line, are you snapping from endpoint to endpoint? If so, that's why.

If you upload the drawing here, I'm sure someone with full Acad would be willing to Flatten it for you.

I am snapping from endpoint to endpoint. The file is too large to upload (1.89MB). I guess I could send it back and ask the civil to flatten it though. At least, I know it can be done.

I did a list on both lines and the Z value is 0'0" for both, but it does say vertex X and vertex Y instead of just X and Y. Is this my big clue that it's in 3D?

• 3 years later...

Try the attached script file to make all objects coplanar. But if something inside a block is not coplaner, you will have to run this script inside the Block Editor.

NB:

Pease make sure you are on the correct working view before running this script, or else it will ruin your drawing.

If you dont know how to run a script file;

1. Save the attached script file some where on your disk.
  2. Type "SCR" and press Enter Key in AutoCAD.
  3. It will ask you to select the script file.
  4. Locate the script file and click 'Open'.

Done...!!!

Make_CoPlanar.scr

The file is too large to upload (1.89MB).

You are talking about two lines, correct?

Couldn't you simply delete all but those two lines to make the file dramatically smaller?

Purge?

I have just receieved a drawing that had the same issue although it hasn't posed a problem yet but if you look at a top view of the drawing it looks perfectly fine but if you switch to an isometric view you can clearly see there are sections of the drawing drawn at different 'heights', or z-coords.

Its along time since I used LT but if I remeber correctly it didn't have the possibility to switch to isometric view. LT is 2D and its entities do not have a Z-coordinate.

I realize the original thread is 3 years old but I feel it is important to dis-spell this "myth".

Its along time since I used LT but if I remeber correctly it didn't have the possibility to switch to isometric view. LT is 2D and its entities do not have a Z-coordinate.

While it is true AutoCAD LT is a 2D CAD drafting tool you can absolutely draw in 3D space. Entities do indeed have a Z-coordinate. Not only that but if you were to open a dwg file that was created with AutoCAD solid bodies they would appear just as they would in AutoCAD. You also can view the model from any point as you can in AutoCAD. I don't know for certain but I suspect this is not true for perspective views.

Why oh why oh why are soooo many old threads being replied to lately?

Well.. I am the culprit. :lol: But, I joined the forum in Aug 2010. I couldn't, obviously,reply a thread three years back. Infact, I was searching for a solution for my problem here. Thats how I saw this post. As this was found yet not resolved, I thought of providing a solution based on my level of knowledge.

But I am the happiest person in the world if my solution above was of any use for Arnis to resolve his issue.

:)