Layer control not working

Big Mike

I just found this forum, looks pretty good...I hope I can find some help.

I'm using Autocad 2005 Mechanical.

This morning, all of a sudden. my layer control tool bar pull down is not working. Usually I'll have an object selected and then use the layer control to change the object's layer...but today it's not working. When I pick a new layer on the layer control it only changes the current layer and not the object.

Also, the layer control displays the current layer...and usually changes to display the layer of a selected object. It's not doing that. It does not change at all if I select objects of different layers.

So what the heck is going on? It there a variable that somehow got out of whack? The Autocad help menu is not very helpfull...as usual.

• 5 years later...

see ReMark? this is what happens when you honor someone with the "post resurrection of the day" award.. Someone comes along and has to go for a post a year older. :)