Creating a Title Block

drafting

How do I create a title block with company logo and information in AutoCad LT 2000?

I am brand new to this program and have no idea how to do this. I also have no manual available also. :(

Thankyou!

I have created the title block as a .dwg - how do I place that into my drawing?

I have a floor plan and I want to add the title block I created, how do I get it so that they are both together??

I have created the title block as a .dwg - how do I place that into my drawing?

I have a floor plan and I want to add the title block I created, how do I get it so that they are both together??

Scale the title block to fit over your *.dwg.

Easiest way I know, do the same daily. 8)

Did you paste it to a layout space? If not, do so and then create a viewport in layout space in which you will view the floor plan.

you can either create a title block one of many ways, the simplest, in model space draw the title block to actual dimensions... this will give you an idea of how large (or small) everything will be once you plot it.

Once you are complete save the drawing for future use.

I suggest surfing this forum and run a search for "title block" as well as checking out the "similar threads" below to hopefully give you some pointers.

Your best bet for the company logo either going to be to "re-draw" it, or import it as a raster image (that is if the logo is in jpeg form).

http://www.cben.net is a block exchange network, you might be able to download a few "typical" title blocks and edit them as needed.

My first suggestion would be to liberate the moths from your wallet and buy a good after-market AutoCAD book.

My second suggestion would be to look at online tutorials not only here but at other sites.

Will all your work be done in model space or are you planning to use layouts as well?

With such a limited knowledge of the program you're using you may find yourself going back later on and redoing things. Not a very efficient way of doing things.

You could also insert the title block as a block with attributes for title, scale, date, etc. It would take a little time to setup but it might be worth doing.

• 4 weeks later...

i cut & pasted a title block into modelspace to easily retain my scale. this worked except that as i create/modify a new layout (choosing pdf printer, tabloid size, landscape) my model does not quite fill up the paper space. it's not humungously off, but an inch or so inside each margin. i've been reading forums & trying different stuff all evening. i'm much closer now, but still not there. i know i need to get a better text but if anybody has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. thanx, all. -Michael

OK! No, wait! I got it. whew. see http://www.we-r-here.com/cad/tutorials/level_2/2-8.htm

Thanx again, Cad64-- Got that from one of your other postings here.

I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE DONT USE DESIGN CENTER . IN MY OFFICE PEOPLE JUST CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT . IT'S GOOD!

ANY WAY IF YOU NOT AS SO INCLINED . THAN SAVE YOUR DRAWING AS A .DWT (THIS IS TITLE BLOCK GOLD) THEN CHOSE INSERT LAYOUT FROM TEMPLATE. NOW YOUR A PRO . BUT WILL ALLWAYS BE SECOND BEST AS LONG AS I'M AROUND!o:)