Printing problems

happyunited

OK

This problem only applies when I want to plot A1/A0 black and white. When I print colour to a different plotter my drawings look perfect.

I have an A1 sheet, the outer edges measure 841 x 594 (A1). When I select the printer and then the paper size which is A1 841 x 594 the plot alwasy comes out wrong dispite it looking perfect on the plot preview. All nice and central with the same size of edge the whole way round but no matter if I use window,layout,extents or display it always seems to crop one if not both edges off the size of the page (the 594 length size).

How can I correct this please?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A plot is not 841x594 this is the actual cut sheet size for majority all plot/printers have a clip limit which is inside the sheet size, try 15mm all round as a actual printable area but still pick A1.

We use 801 x 560 for A1

Hey BIGAL,

Thanks for your tip. That doesn't really help with my problem. It is how the window is selecting the line. I can plot an A4 size window on an A1 sheet and still have the same problem.

Thanks.

As BIGAL says nearly all plotters / printers have non-printing margins; so if you want your plots to come out exactly to scale then either -

1/ You can make your paperspace limits smaller to fit within the size of your plotters particular margins and leave no margin around your border. (i.e. make your paperspace limits the same size as the outlines of the border).

2/ Pay the extra for oversize paper and trim it to size after plotting.

Most people who will be looking at your drawings these days dont own a scale rule anyway so if the scale is slightly off on paper it dosnt usually matter as long as the CAD file is correct.

If your still losing an edge line make your plot window just outside the actual line work we plot -6,-6 807,560 as our window this gives a 6mm tolerance always works