Pixel Problem??

cad_student

Hi All,

I am having trouble with the pixels in my render images this was done using vray render and when printed looks blurred and you can see the individual pixels,any help greatly appreciated.:? thatchrendidx.jpg

pixeltroub.jpg

(Please note these drawings are rough sketches to test materials/lighting)

a few possibilites i can think of...1) you did not render with anti-alaising on...2) the texture maps are too low in resolution...3) then rendering is too low in resolution and when you scale it up to fit the printed page you're only making the small square pixels big square pixels!..try using at least 150 dpi/pixel times the desired image size, eg if 4x5 then 4x150, 5x150 = 600x750 but personally i use 300 dpi...72 dpi is the standard for the computer screen...

Thanks H,

I will try and set the dpi correctly,Also this render was done with the idx rend,does this make any difference??.

Many thanks.

Hi All,

I am having trouble with the pixels in my render images this was done using vray render and when printed looks blurred and you can see the individual pixels,any help greatly appreciated.:? [ATTACH]6873[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6874[/ATTACH]

(Please note these drawings are rough sketches to test materials/lighting)

I would see if you can adjust the DPI like the previous post said... it's all there, just not high enough in resolution.

Hi c,

Can you please tell me roughly how i change the resolution settings, is this done via the idx renditioner or v-ray rend depending on which i use,or do i adjust the resolution at print??.

Many Thanks.

P.S

I have been using arroway textures the small size downloads and saved some as jpg and some bmp,if that makes things any clearer.