PDA

View Full Version : Plotting sections of a drawing.

Pablo Ferral
24th Mar 2005, 02:10 pm
Hi,

Can any one tell me wether it's possible to plot an A4 section of my A1 layout so that I can see how it's going to plot before I troll off down to the copy shop?

I'm supposing I can set all the same perameters on an A4 layout and see what happens, but I'm looking for a short cut...

You realise that if AutoDesk made the AutoCad help menu more user friendly, you would have a lot less traffic... :x

Skeeps
24th Mar 2005, 02:58 pm
Would going to plot then 'plot window' and select an area be any good for what you want?

Pablo Ferral
24th Mar 2005, 03:47 pm
Yes that'll do it. Thanks for your quick reply,

Important note - you still need to change the plotter and paper size to match your home printer... otherwise it goes Argh! and shuts down for a cup of tea :oops:

Can you give me any advice as to why my ltscales don't always plot the same way as they look in print preview?

Skeeps
24th Mar 2005, 04:37 pm
check out Autocad General and a current topic called 'scaling lines' they're having this debate there. I always do my linetype scales by layer. To tell you the truth Pablo I've leant all about this but I can't remember a thing!
Sorry I'm not much help! :(

hyposmurf
24th Mar 2005, 09:30 pm
If your plotting on your home PC its likely to recognise your linetype scales as your plotter would.You use pen settings on your plotter to determine which size pen the plotter uses,this doenst usually exist in your standard A4/A3 windows plotter.Also remember if your drawing has been scaled down to plot at A4 size your linetypes wont display as they did for the A1 size.