Where can i find in 3ds max like save as in autocad?

papagyi

Hi,

Any way can i know how to open 3ds max file higher version to lower version? I want to complete scene open like a autocad save as file types.

Hi,

Any way can i know how to open 3ds max file higher version to lower version? I want to complete scene open like a autocad save as file types.

Well, I'm the first to put their hand and say I don't fully understand the question.... but here goes..

Save file type as.. DWG, 3DS and a various other formats, use EXPORT from the file menu..

to input into MAX go to IMPORT in the file menu.

to open a file in MAX that is older than the version it is created.. You might be out of luck there.. Maybe someone has made a LISP or other program to tackle this...

Finally why??? Why would you even try to open an newer file in an older program.. If you are the owner of the file then you should have access to the machine that created it... If not then you need to find out the version which it was created... Load the file in that package and save as an earlier version..

I hope you solve your Dilemma..

Finally why??? Why would you even try to open an newer file in an older program.. If you are the owner of the file then you should have access to the machine that created it... If not then you need to find out the version which it was created... Load the file in that package and save as an earlier version..

I hope you solve your Dilemma..

If i need to open other machine(eg..another design team)Which haven't my create version and only can open with early version,I will face problem.For your suggestions,i can export other format and import with lower version but i will lose all of my rendering scene.Thank for your care.

I could be wrong, but as far as I know, you can't go backwards in Max. Once you open and save a file in a newer version, that's it.

I love all from max except i can't go backwards.Thank Cad!