26000 mm on A4/A1

jenkovix

Hi folks!

I am new here and I have a simple question.

I have to templates ready one is A4 and the other one is A1.

How can I draw a long rectangle (26000 mm) on that templates? How can I scale it down? I need millimeter resolution.

Thank you so much

Good luck

Draw the rectangle full size in model space. Switch to a layout. Create a viewport if one isn't already available. See your model? Now, scale the viewport. I recommend using the Viewports toolbar for this. When done plot the drawing at a plot scale of 1:1.

Refer to AutoCAD Help and your User's Guide for further details.

Draw the rectangle full size in model space. Switch to a layout. Create a viewport if one isn't already available. See your model? Now, scale the viewport. I recommend using the Viewports toolbar for this. When done plot the drawing at a plot scale of 1:1.

Refer to AutoCAD Help and your User's Guide for further details.

Thank you for the quick reply.

My problem is that if I draw a 26000 unit long rectangle in moldel space it is far too way long, I can't handle it. How would I get over it?

Thanks

You could draw the world's tallest building (Burj Dubai at almost 900 meters) in AutoCAD and it wouldn't be a problem. Your rectangle is just a flyspec in comparison.