CAD and Vista?

spcepickle

Hi All - I am trying to run Architectural Desktop 2007. I just got a new computer with Vista Home. When start up Autodesk I get the error: Customization file load failed. Can not find adt.cui. I checked and adt.cui is in the file that can not be located. If I hit ok on the error message Autodesk starts up but I have no tool bars and can not right click.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Amelia

Alot of people had this problem when they first got vista. This is just off of memory but try this:

1. make sure you have downloaded and installed all updates/service packs.

2. try running it in windows xp compatability mode. (right click on the autocad button that you use to start the program, go to properties, then the compatability tab, the compatability mode should be checked and set to XP)

3. run as administrator (right click the same icon, run as admin)

that has helped solve alot of issues with error messages. If none of that worked then try searching these forums for people that had similar problems and see if you can find an answer. But above all, when you find a solution be sure to post it here so the next time someone like you has this issue they might be able to find the solution here.

Cheers!