3D Max help...

Nellie

Hi,

While importing a 3D model from AutoCAD 2008 to 3 max the drawing comes in grey.

I've read the manual but can't work out how to change the color on the screen.

I'm very new to max so i expect it's a simple issue but i would be grateful you for some advice.

Thanks in advance.

You can only change the "object color" of objects that do not have a material applied to them. When you Import an object into 3DS Max, the gray "Global" material is automatically applied to it by default.

Objects that you create, within Max, have no material applied to them initially, so you can have different colors applied to every object in the scene. But once a material has been applied to an object, its previous "object color" is then discarded.

Hope that makes sense. :P

Thanks CAD64.

The block I brought into Max from AutoCAD 2008 had colours applied to them but that has been lost after being inserted.

Do you know how to apply the original colour automatically or will this need to be done manually?

Thanks again.