Recurrent Crash

Punkin

A problem that I've had for quite a while now, and I expect that it is most likely a video card error, is that while in a command, say drawing a line, while panning from one point in the drawing to another, will cause unexpected crashes. Sometimes there is an error; sometimes there is not. Sometimes it's an unexpected error at ________; sometimes it's that "AutoCAD has encountered and error and must shut down" error.

It's totally unpredictable, and DRIVING ME INSANE!

Any ideas?

AutoCAD Mechanical 2007 (although I suspect the issue would occur in vanilla as well)

OS - XP Pro SP2

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700 with the latest driver

Erm, anything else?

Have you tried it in Vanilla? You should have it installed if you have Mechanical?

I'm just wondering if it has anything to do with Autodesk Service Packs not being up to date?

I haven't tried in vanilla, simply because it isn't an error that I can duplicate. There is no set pattern; it doesn't happen all the time, and I really can't just work in vanilla as I use too many of the mechanical tools.

I have the SP updated (it's SP2 which, AFAIK, is the last SP for 07).

Oh well, in the next couple of weeks, I will be running 08, and maybe the problem will go away.