object colour property doubt

anandj

i have assigned a colour for object in autocad 2007 and increased its light intensity to 30 to make it shine from visual style manager. but when i open same file in cad2006,am not able to see that same shine.

so how to assign colour shine to object without using render material and save it on object so tat when we open same file we can able to see tat shine on all cad version..

w8ing for reply....!

i believe in 2007 they added a different visual style which allowed you to see that. I do not think 2006 and previous version have this, only a shademode setting which allows you to shade.

yea rite cad2007 has got different visual style. but can we make object shine using colours and tat too without applying render cause i dont have much expirence of autocad and render toolbar.

not that i know of. The "realistic" visual style and the visual style manager i believe were new in 07 when they added the mental ray render engine. I think the only thing you can do is work with colors and the different shademode options but this will not reflect changes in materials or lighting.

sorry