Model is okey, xref is not

Ceder

Hi

I have a strange problem.. tried to search the forum, but didn't find anyone whit the same problem.

I´m trying to xref a drawing (ADT drawing i think) and everything loads okey, but the windows is missing. If I open the model i got, it looks okey.

I will attach a image, the left is the x-ref and the right is the model i´m xref:ing.

Help ?

drawing_ex.jpg

in model = A-42D--BE-N

in xref is should be in = A40_p101|A-42D--BE-N cause the layer is there... but no window :( at least not where it should be... i have a window a little bit away that shows just fine... (see image below)

drawing_ex2.JPG

Have you checked if your Xref is clipped?

Type in the command line XCLIP, select your X-ref and Type in OFF

Let us know how that works out for you

Is the window a block?

It can be a block and not an xref or layer problem

It may still be on the drawing but in another location

Blocks can do weird things

You can identify if it is a block problem by drawing in the xref with the same linetype and on the same layer as the block

If those lines don't disappear, it is a block problem

Have you checked if your Xref is clipped?

Type in the command line XCLIP, select your X-ref and Type in OFF

Let us know how that works out for you

xclip off says "No clip boundary found."

dont know if thats good or bad...

Is the window a block?

It can be a block and not an xref or layer problem

It may still be on the drawing but in another location

Blocks can do weird things

You can identify if it is a block problem by drawing in the xref with the same linetype and on the same layer as the block

If those lines don't disappear, it is a block problem

posting a image... the red lines is copied from the model to the drawing whit the xref in it... tried drawing a line in as you see, no change...

this is strange, because the drawing and the xref is working fine at my work :huh:

drawing_ex3.JPG

This is what makes acad so frustrating. There are so many variables and different ways to draw things that it's hard to recognize if it's a bug or not.

copy that block

explode the copy

change the layer to 0

move all those lines back so that it looks like 2 copies of the same block in the same position.

This isn't really a fix or will tell you what is wrong. It is a jerry-rig around the problem

...this is strange, because the drawing and the xref is working fine at my work
okey, strike that... same problem at work... i have a workaround tho... i copied the original model, deleted all objects in the model than xref the original model in.. then its okey. i have talked to the person how did the original model and she hasnt seen this before

after talking to our retailer, we now know that autocad 2007 lt cant do anything about it. my coworker can change something when right clicking and uncheck something about "override drawing...". she is using autocad 2008 abs, so she has more options. anyways, thanks for the answers, really appreciate it!