Mouse of choice?

Gno

Ive been thinkin about purchasing Logitechs MX Revolution mouse. Any recommendations to a good mouse? I just want some thing with as many functions as possible ( zoom, pan, etc). comfortable as well.

Thanx

you could have a good search through some of our older threads on this topic (try 'logitec*' as your search - and yes, put the star in)

some of the devices used by some of our members will frighten you half to death! :shock:

My 5 year old Kensington mouse just died. I am currently using a crapy MS mouse. I am planning on getting a new one after the holidays myself. I have a Logitec at home and it is nice but I like my Kensington. Let us know if you get that one and how it feels.

• 3 weeks later...
Ive been thinkin about purchasing Logitechs MX Revolution mouse. Any recommendations to a good mouse? I just want some thing with as many functions as possible ( zoom, pan, etc). comfortable as well.

Thanx

I have an MX Revolution and I like it so far :)

I use a Revolution at home, corded, and I like it. I used to work for a certain big box electronics store (the color red prominently featured in both their logo and their account ledgers:lol: ) and I always told people that the most important thing is that it fits comfortably in your hand. Generally the bigger the better as a small mouse leads to fatigue and stress injury. I usually felt comfortable when people went with that one too, even if the price was inflated a bit.

The only real criticism I have is that It's been a little iffy finding the best mousing surface, high gloss leads to skipping and matte lead to very slow tracking. Save the receipt because you won't know if you like it for a week or two.

• 1 month later...

I prefer the Logitech MX1000, but they don't make it anymore.

The MX Revolution is the next best I've found. My current set up is the Revolution alongside a Belkin Nostromo gamepad.

If you go Logitech and like it, be sure to buy two of them. Once they're discontinued you're hosed even if it's still under warranty.

My kingdom for a new mx1000 recharging cradle...

Both the Logitech Revolution and the Intellimouse Explorer get high words of praise from users. Since you are going to be using this mouse for countless tasks consider spending a little extra. Your hand will thank you.

I have fairly big hands, and long fingers (just about a 10" span from the tip of my thumb to pinkie). I need to find a mouse thats about the size of half a Nerf football. Come to think of it...maybe I'll attempt a little retrofitting...

I have fairly big hands, and long fingers (just about a 10" span from the tip of my thumb to pinkie). I need to find a mouse thats about the size of half a Nerf football. Come to think of it...maybe I'll attempt a little retrofitting...

You might be on to something!!!:thumbsup: :D