Stair handrail weird behaviour... help...

Doove

Hi all

have done a course on Architecture (the essentials course) so I define myself as just below beginner level - I can't work this one out, anyone else have this problem?

Drew a multilanding steel stair 9.85m high. Added Handrail, the posts and balusters are fine. The rails are fine up to landing number three then they decide to go their own way.

What little check box / variable do I need to amend? Or is it easier to explode the lot and modify with vanilla modelling tools?

I attach jpg of problem.

cheers

Access Stair.jpg

have you tried to redo the railing? Looks like it is picking some rogue points. Cut a section near the stair and see if it gives you the same result in the 2d section. Man, I do not know where to begin other than checking the points. You might be able to attach it to the stair without having it choose the path for you, instead you can place the points yourself.

I'll try the section, what would be useful is if I could remove the rails and leave the posts. I was kind of hoping to be able to pick up the points the rail attaches to.

What about placing it manually - is this easy to do? SHould I first establish a series of linework points to pick up on as I ascend?

when you start your rail, under properties there is a place for your attachments. Change the Attached to: to (stair), then put the automatic placement to (NO) you can then click on any part of the stair, and the rail will follow your points. If you get the same result from clicking the beginning and end of the stair, you might try to break it up a little. Say do the stair rise first, then add railing to the landing second and on and on. when placing the rails to the stair using the method above, it will automatically attach to the stair, and follow the stair, but you will get to decide where and how far on the stair the rail will go.

Thanks - I'll have a go at that later. I haven't been back as my main purpose was to quickly do the stair and handrails, then create section objects and flatten them for use in a set of 2D plans & elevations.

So I did this with the weird handrail anyway thinking I'll just fix it in the flattened sections and guess what... when you create the section objects the handrail is drawn correctly even though it is still weird on the actual 3D model you just sectioned!

Any ideas?

This PC has a recommended graphics card.

I'll try manual placement later and let you know.