Detailing the timing belt SW2008

Hildr

Hey there :)

I have made a simple assembly with some parts from 3dcontentcentral (the pulleys) and a baseplate,

Now i know how to get a belt/chain on it.

However i get stuck when i want to get the exact same profile in the belt as the teeth have from the pulleys, i think this should be possible, but i have been trying several things and i can't get it done.

I have added the zip with the assembly in it,

note that it is saved in SW2008.

Greets fly out to all you designers

Assem4.zip

im very interested to see it but i wont have solidworks until i get back to work on monday. ill take a look at it then.

was there no toothed belt in the content center to match the pulleys?

Hey thanks for the reply, i could not find a toothed belt no,

maybe i've not been looking good, i think it would be a problem too with mating.

We'll see i hope you get a solution for it :)

Have a nice weekend

hildr, i opened your zip file but it only contains the belt, i have no pulley, only an error that it cannot find your file location. Do you have a screen shot of the pulley so i can see what profile you are trying to achieve. its a toothed pulley right?

sorry hildr, i still havent had a chance to play with this. work got pretty busy this week and every time i open it up, something comes up. have you had any luck with it?

Hey shift, no problem, i havent found a solution either, been a bit inactive lately, parents on visit etc. we'll just have to wait and see what happens :D, some web research didnt hook me up with any details either :(.

we'll keep in touch