Jogged dimension

ALoock

I don't even know if I have the rigth description for what I need to know. Basically I have an 11m wall between two doors and need to show both doors on a 1:50 scale, which means all the detail will not print on a A4. Is there a way I can show a dimension broken up in die middel like as you do with the function 'jogged line' but keep the original dimention description at 11m?

Thanks for all your help

I don't even know if I have the rigth description for what I need to know. Basically I have an 11m wall between two doors and need to show both doors on a 1:50 scale, which means all the detail will not print on a A4. Is there a way I can show a dimension broken up in die middel like as you do with the function 'jogged line' but keep the original dimention description at 11m?

Thanks for all your help

Have you tried the jogged linear dimension?

Thanks ReMark, I had a look and forgive me if I sound even more stupid now. You see, to add a jog on an existing dimension is not the problem (the dimension being the full 11m) how do I get a dimension of 11m to show a jogged line, say 11m and only be 1m?

Thanks for your response!

Thanks ReMark, I had a look and forgive me if I sound even more stupid now. You see, to add a jog on an existing dimension is not the problem (the dimension being the full 11m) how do I get a dimension of 11m to show a jogged line, say 11m and only be 1m?

Thanks for your response!

You didn't sound stupid in the first place so no need to say that. We all had to start AutoCAD at some stage. It's only with experience and training, we gather the knowledge.

I think it's the use of the word 'dimension' that is slightly confusing. Do you mean you have an object that is drawing at in CAD 1m in length (with a jog) but this 'really' reperesents 11m and you want the dimension to show 11m when you do your dimension?

Thanks soleary. I typed in 'dimjogline'; was asked to select the dimension; which I did and then it makes a neat jog but the dimension does not change! What do I do wrong?

You didn't sound stupid in the first place so no need to say that. We all had to start AutoCAD at some stage. It's only with experience and training, we gather the knowledge.

I think it's the use of the word 'dimension' that is slightly confusing. Do you mean you have an object that is drawing at in CAD 1m in length (with a jog) but this 'really' reperesents 11m and you want the dimension to show 11m when you do your dimension?

Thanks!

Yes, that is what I mean. On the description of jogged linear it says that that is what it does, yet I struggle!

Thanks soleary. I typed in 'dimjogline'; was asked to select the dimension; which I did and then it makes a neat jog but the dimension does not change! What do I do wrong?

You probably didn't do anything wrong. The problem (I think) is that the software doens't know what to change it to. As ReMark said you can do it manully by overriding the dimension text. Click on the dimension, type properties and a pallette will open. Scroll down and under 'text' there is an option to override the text. Put the value that you want in there. Hope that helps

You probably didn't do anything wrong. The problem (I think) is that the software doens't know what to change it to. As ReMark said you can do it manully by overriding the dimension text. Click on the dimension, type properties and a pallette will open. Scroll down and under 'text' there is an option to override the text. Put the value that you want in there. Hope that helps

Great, that works, thanks guys!