AutoCad Civil3d 2009

nglatt

Hi,

Im not a user of AutoCad, but I need to put a system together for someone. I tried asking Autocad this info, but they were not very helpful. They just kept mentioning there website. Anyways, Does anyone know if a Core 2 Quad will work with Civil 3d? If it will, does it make a difference? Can you actually make use of the extra 2 cores and help speed up what your doing compared to a Core 2 Duo? Also Video card wise The 3 cards we are looking at are a HD 350 512MB, Geforce 9800 GT 512MB, and a Quadro FX570 256MB. They are all single cards. We will not be using SLI, or Crossfire. From what I can tell benchmark wise the 9800 GT is faster than the HD 3850 but couldn't find any comparison for the Quadro. I wasn't sure if they will make a difference with Civil 3D either compared to a say... "gaming"

Any and all info would be greatlly appreciated. We need to make a purchase asap. If you have a difference card that you think may work please mention it also. We won't be able to buy a $250 card but something below $200(if it will really help) would be great.

Thanks for everyones help in advance, :)

Nick

WYCO NY

A dual-core system would work just as well if you are on a tight budget. You want to invest your money in getting the most physical memory (RAM) and the best graphics card (see hardware list) you possibly can.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to both of you for the info/help :)

I found a card that was in our list also and the Graphics card list. We did end up ordering a quad core processor when I was out. Has anyone had a problem with this or noticed the performance increase using a Quardcore?

Thanks again,

Nick