how would you model this ?

jkristia

I working on the freight door, and what what I need next is to add the diagonal 'boards' on the door as shown with the sketch lines.

What would be the best way to model this?

I was thinking of making a sketch of one cut and then array it to the rest of the door, but then what about the panes where the boards are the opposite direction, add a extrude and then add another cut sketch maybe ?

Any better suggestions ?

Jesper

freightdoor.png

i can’t think of a simple solution. But mirroring the ribs would be half the work.

argh!!! - of course, why didn't I think of that. Thank you very much.

im not sure i follow what you are trying to do. You need to remove material from what you have but leave a rib? or you need to add a rib? does this rib have any special shape or just a rectangle?

what I'm trying to do is to create a model in SW of one of my model buildings, just for practice, and for the freight door the ribs are diagonal as shown in the sketch.

This is what my building looks like.

building.png

arent the ribs in the door actually just different boards? and you see the slits?. I would start a sketch, convert entities of your door edge onto that sketch. draw one line and do a linear copy. you can use trim or extend to make quick work of getting the lines to your door frame sketch.