Drop Downs

BenE

Does anyone know how to erase the information stored in the drop downs in dialog boxes such as Wblock and Saveas? I have created a template and profile for other users in the office, and had a look inside the .arg just to see what was in there, and I discovered that it is storing the mentioned data from other projects that I've worked on. :? I could just delete those lines from the profile .arg, but I am hesitant. It'd be nice if the other users didn't have to look through my network folders to save their stuff.

-Ben

In explorer under the current users profile there should be a folder named "R.17.1". Under that folder there are several folders with shorcut files in them. It may be as simple as deleting a shorcut before creating the profile. I would suggest searching a file name you get in the file dialog, take note of the location, and then delete the shorcut. It may take a computer reboot for this dialog to update. Keep in mind there's a local copy and a server copy of these files and folders. I'm unsure how folder syscronization works with windows.

I must say. Make sure you are only deleting shorcuts and not originals.

Dave

The location on my computer is as follows with xxxx being the current logged in user name.

"C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2008\R17.1\enu\Recent"

I run standard AutoCAD Mechanical but all files located under the "Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2008" folder. This folder may be different for Civil 3D.

dave

Dave

Yea, looks like I may be out of luck this time. I've searched through all folders Autocad, including "all users", "current user", "local settings", "program files".

Well, I do know where those files are located. Let me give you a better picture of what I'm talking about. If I open the .arg within notepad, I find the text below, and all of the paths listed appear in the wblock drop down window.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.1\ACAD-6000:409\Profiles\<<STANDARD>>\Dialogs\write_block_dialog]
"X"=dword:000001B2
"Y"=dword:00000114
"Width"=dword:0000019D
"Height"=dword:000001BC
"ObjectsPostprocessing"=dword:00000003
"MRUPathListItemCount"=dword:0000000A
"MRUPathListItem0"="x:\\xxx\\xxx\\SISB\\data\\bedrington\\GSRSNARW.dwg"
"MRUFormatListItem0"=dword:00000024
"MRUPathListItem1"="x:\\xxx\\xxx\\SISB\\data\\bedrington\\GSRSNARWfig2.dwg"
"MRUFormatListItem1"=dword:00000024
"MRUPathListItem2"="x:\\xxx\\xxx\\SISB\\data\\bedrington\\concrete hatch.dwg"
"MRUFormatListItem2"=dword:00000024
"MRUPathListItem3"="x:\\xxx\\xxx\\data\\Projects\\Riverine HEC-RAS Models\\Sutter Bypass\\Figures\\SB Cross Sections\\Flow Arrow.dwg"
"MRUFormatListItem3"=dword:00000024
"MRUPathListItem4"="x:\\xxx\\xxx\\data\\Projects\\Riverine HEC-RAS Models\\Sutter Bypass\\Figures\\SB Cross Sections\\Freeboard Legend.dwg"
"MRUFormatListItem4"=dword:00000024
"MRUPathListItem5"="x:\\xxx\\xxx\\data\\Projects\\Sutter Bypass\\ENGINEERING\\SB Cross Sections\\MatchLines"
"MRUFormatListItem5"=dword:00000024
"MRUPathListItem6"="x:\\xxx\\xxx\\data\\AUTOCADD\\Drawing standards\\General\\ARIAL BLOCKdwg"
"MRUFormatListItem6"=dword:00000024
"MRUPathListItem7"="x:\\xxx\\xxx\\data\\AUTOCADD\\Drawing standards\\General\\TBS-B.dwg"
"MRUFormatListItem7"=dword:00000024
"MRUPathListItem8"="x:\\xxx\\xxx\\data\\Projects\\Sutter Bypass\\ENGINEERING\\SB Cross Sections\\Freeboard Legend.dwg"
"MRUFormatListItem8"=dword:00000024
"MRUPathListItem9"="x:\\xxx\\xxx\\data\\Projects\\Sutter Bypass\\ENGINEERING\\SB Cross Sections\\BOUNDS.dwg"
"MRUFormatListItem9"=dword:00000024

have you set windows to display hidden folder? Applications is usually hidden so you won't find any of the AutoCAD default folders.

Yeah, I can view hidden folders.

Okay, i started back at the beginning and caught my eye with the code you pasted. The "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" from the code is refering to the Registry. The .arg file I think is pulling from the registry.

Now I am not a registry tweaker but you may want to do an internet search for "FILE DIALOG DROP DOWN .arg". Results gave me a link with Registry Tweak in heading. (I'm a new user to cadtutor so it wouldn't let me paste the link. 4 more posts and i'm there though) It's not the answer but may get you closer.

Please don't persue Registry changes if you are unfamiliar with the Registry. Bad things could come.