HP 750C Problems

rus7755

I have a 750 that is leaving blank lines as it plots. The output looks like there is a blank space between some of the passes. I just replaced the black cartridge (these are momochrome plots) - Could this be a bad cartridge? Its a refilled cartrididge from a Cartridge World.

Thanks for the help

Was it working properly before you replaced the cartridge? Try a different cartridge; try plotting a test page from Windows, that might narrow it down...

Try cleaning the jets with a wet paper towel, sometimes that will unclog them.

How many times have you had it refilled? I've had major problems on my Designjet using reman cartridges. The contacts on the back of them wear down and won't contact correctly over time. Sounds like you've probably got a jet in that cartridge that's sticking open.

• 2 weeks later...

I replaced the cartridge with a new HP Cartridge - same problem.

I saw somewhere that you can shim the ribbon/contact faces on the carriage slightly to achieve a tighter contact. Has anyone else heard of this or tried it with any success?

Desperate time call for desperate measures! Just trying to get this old plotter to get me through this contract job without spending a bundle on it. It has 7163 plots with 796,661 passes on the carriage. Only maintenance has been cleaning and new belts.

Thanks for the help

Is there a cartirdge cleaning procedure built into this plotter?

Maybe you have a bad carriage or the contacts on the cartridge or carriage are covered with dried ink.

I cleaned the contact faces again - got 1 good plot so far. This plotter has always been finicky about recognizing any cartridge, refilled or new.

I'm hoping this last cleaning will do the trick for now. I don't want to have to replace the carriage.

Thanks