View Full Version : Wall of glass
5th Jun 2005, 08:43 pm
I am making a house for my drafting class and i can't design the shower. I want the walls to be made of glass but can't figure out how to build it.
Can someone help me??????????????
6th Jun 2005, 02:58 am
Assign a Translucent material to your glass walls. There is a default material called 'white glass' in the materials library. You may want to adjust its transparency and maybe add some bump maps to make it look like frosted glass.
6th Jun 2005, 08:26 pm
Can you walk me through the steps on how to make it?
7th Jun 2005, 04:08 am
First, make sure you have the wall ready. I will only walk you through applying the glass material and maybe adding some bumps. I used this as my bump map: http://www.allegorithmic.com/libraries/details.php?mask=bumps&viewas=flat&folder=8&page=&code=BASIC190
1. Type RMAT to open the Materials dialog box. Click on Materials Library.
2. Choose 'WHITE GLASS' from the selection to the right then import it to the left. Hit OK.
3. Now we're back to the previous window. While 'WHITE GLASS' is still selected, click on 'Modify'.
4. Under attributes, tick on Bump Map then click 'Find File'. Browse over the bump map you just downloaded. Change the bitmap value to 0.02 then hit OK.
5. Now click on 'Adjust Bitmap'. You may want to change the UV scale values to suit your taste, for now I used 5. This part is a what I call "trial n' error". :( Hit OK.
6. Tick on Refraction under Attributes. Change the value to 1.2 then hit OK until all windows close. This will add the refraction effect of glass.
6. Type RR to bring up the Render dialog box. Choose Raytrace as rendering type. Check all Rendering Options then click on 'More Options'.
7. Under 'Anti-Aliasing', choose Low. Hit OK.
8. Now click on Render. Note: you must have your lighting set up already.
Here is what I came up with...
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.1.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.