Can I force install on slower processor than 3GHz specified ?

emardell

I am helping a student to install AutoCAD Architecture on his laptop. Its a new Lenovo/IBM and has dual core 1.3GHz processor and 3GB RAM. The install complains that its not the right spec - guess on 3GHz processor front but this is pretty close...is there any way to force it to go ahead and install anyway ? Your help is much appreciated! Ed.

According to AutoDesk if your computer does not meet minimum requirements and you go ahead and install the program anyway you may experience problems not only with AutoDesk Architecture itself but problems at the system level too. Is this worth the risk to you?

Where else does the system fall short on meeting specs?

Thanks for response ReMark.

I mentioned the dual core 1.3 GHz so it is producing a 2.6GHz processing power wheras 3GHz is required. It has installed fine on my laptop at dual 1.8GHz hence our frustration.

This is not trying to find a quick and dirty solution to cheap out but instead a new laptop bought in good faith for a student who now is running a serious app on it.

At present it simply refuses to load with an alert message saying it doesnt meet requirements - can this be overridden with a /FORCE switch etc ?

If it isnt quick enough in practise then fine but is a shame not to try when family has made the investment in good faith.

Additional spec should be fine with pretty good graphics and 200GB HDD.

Ed.

Dual-core 1.6GHz for 32-bit AutoCAD 2009. That's what AutoDesk lists for system requirements. Not sure how you "force" or "fool" AutoCAD into loading. As with many software programs before loading begins it will scan the Registry to see what hardware is installed. Maybe you could edit the Registry but I wouldn't recommend it as the system may not boot at all.

For our benefit could you post the exact message you get when you try to load the software?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for response ReMark.

I mentioned the dual core 1.3 GHz so it is producing a 2.6GHz processing power wheras 3GHz is required. It has installed fine on my laptop at dual 1.8GHz hence our frustration.

Dual core doesnt work like that. A 1.5ghz dual core does not mean it acts as though it is a 3.0ghz single core. Needless to say, a 1.3ghz dual core might struggle a bit with intensive work, but it should be able to handle most operations in Autocad.