CSWA sample

Byron md

I would....

...but I'ld also put a radius in the end of it, as engineers don't think of how to machine things when they design them. Us poor machinists get the out of the crap all the time :)

Some of the actual questions might not be particularly clear - be prepared to model both ways and one should (volume or whatever) should match up with one of the possible answer choices. If you spend too much time trying to definatively determine exactly what they wanted you will run out of time.

Hmmm, brings me to another question....would I get zero for the whole question if the weights didn't match up as a result of one small face being wrong?

Yes. No partial credit - your answer is either right or wrong on multiple choice question.

• 2 months later...

I just went through the sample exam and on that question i Extruded Cut the "cross" leaving that edge perp to the face and got a mass of 2040.57grams which was the answer.

However I cannot get the first model to match the Mass on the test. The answer is 1280 and I am getting 1299. I cant for the life of me find where the mistake is. Were you about to get the first one right? As I was working through the test I just picked the answer closest and got it right but I dont really like that procedure:)

here is the model I am talking about.

cswahelp.jpg

i just noticed in the image i posted that the pop up properties box lists the density as 0.01g/mm^3. I have the material set correctly and if i go to my document properties it lists the density as 0.0089g/mm^3. The model tree states the material correctly as well. Ive tried removing the material and re-applying it with the same results. Is the Mass properties using this .01 rather than .0089?