Acad 2010 / Sse2

Geoffers

...not sure if I could post this below the 'sticky' 'ACAD 2010 requirements'...

However that 'sticky' says 2010 needs SSE2 technology; how can I check that my cpu is capable please?

Geoffers

You would have to know your CPU type. Then you can pay a visit to the Intel or AMD website and check the specifications on the CPU itself. Should be fairly simple to do.

thanks ReMark...

...trawled thorough Dell's help system to a forum where I found an identical question - and pleased to find my cpu is ok.:D:D

I would not have been pleased to install Acad 2010 - on subscription - when it arrives to then find it could not work. Why don't Dealers check these points when taking a subscription. Anyway it will be the last - I hang up my CAD screen in 7 months! Did I say that before, elsewhere?:?:oops::?:oops:

...trawled thorough Dell's help system to a forum where I found an identical question - and pleased to find my cpu is ok.:D:D
I don't suppose you still have the link do you? I don't expect my CPU is up to spec so I may have to start bleating now if i am to get an upgrade. Mine is a

Dell Optiplex 1700L

Celeron 2,40GHz

(1GB RAM)

...yes, saw that little app.

I was concerned by Q3 in the FAQs; someone got the 'blue' screen after using it - and I don't have the expertise or time or will to wade through all the changes to get my pc working again after such an event.

...and D, sounds as though you have someone else to bleat to - an employer! lucky you; mine's a miserable, miserly git...:D:D:D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

CPUID is a very well know and used program for overclockers alike. The Bluescreen could have been caused be something else or they installed an old version or something.

You could also press on your keyboard (WindowsKey+Pause/Break Button on keyboard) --> Click HARDWARE --> DEVICE MANAGER --> then at the top of the window Click VIEW --> Click Devices by Connection.

Click the "+" sign to expand the top info. It will say something like Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System - Intel Core 2 6600 @ 2.4Ghz. Then use this info and google it with SSE2.

But I would just use CPUID which is much easier.