Select multiple vertexes

Guest wild_oscar

Guest wild_oscar

I have an irregular shaped polyline and want to select some of the vertexes to stretch them. Unfortunately I can only select the vertexes one by one, and they are quite a few...

Is there any way to select a group of vertexes automatically, based on area selection or position (ex: x or y coordinate) ?

Hello Wild_oscar and welcome in our forum!

Try to select the polyline, press and hold the SHIFT key and pick the grips one by one. After the last one is selected, relase the SHIFT key and klick again a grip you selected before. Move the cursor in the new position and click again. All the selected grips will follow the one you moved.

Depending on the AutoCAD version you use -possible this will ... not work for you :(

Guest wild_oscar
Hello Wild_oscar and welcome in our forum!

Try to select the polyline, press and hold the SHIFT key and pick the grips one by one. After the last one is selected, relase the SHIFT key and klick again a grip you selected before. Move the cursor in the new position and click again. All the selected grips will follow the one you moved.

Depending on the AutoCAD version you use -possible this will ... not work for you :(

That is my procedure at the moment. The problem is there are about 50 vertexes, and picking them one by one is hard. I was wondering if there isn't any way to pick more than one at the same time, for instance with a rectangular selection or any other way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Could you tell me how to select multiple vertexes by mouse, not clicking each one?

For example I have 50 rectangles and I need to select 2 vertexes of each. Vertex (need to select) are in one vertical line. It takes a lot of time to select them.

You could try isolating the layers so only your rectangles are on the screen then do the stretch command, but before clicking anywhere type CP for crossing polygon and you can create a selection area of any shape you like. It takes a bit of practice as you cannot cross the lines of the selection box (i.e. a bow tie shape.)

Hope this helps

Could you tell me how to select multiple vertexes by mouse, not clicking each one?

For example I have 50 rectangles and I need to select 2 vertexes of each. Vertex (need to select) are in one vertical line. It takes a lot of time to select them.

An ordinary crossing window with the mouse should do for you.CrossingWindow.jpg

I have started the Stretch command before this selection works, but as this picture shows, all the selected ends are moving together.

streeetch.jpg

What you appear to be doing is to just show all the grips without highlighting them, which has to be done one by one :cry: