Minimum hardware requirements

JWLEACH

I'm resurrecting my 2005 version and was wondering what the minimum hardware I should get. I'm buying a PC just for this and my budget is very small for this. I was hoping to spend a few hunderd dollars one be on just the PC, I have the operating system and monitor. Would any be able to give me some help in this matter?

The minimum system requirements for AutoCAD® 2005 (stand-alone and networked) are as follows:

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows XP Professional

Microsoft Windows XP Home

Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC

Microsoft Windows 2000

Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0

Service Pack 1

Processor : Pentium® III 800 Mhz

RAM: 256 MB

Video: 1024x768 with True Color

Hard Disk : Installation 300 MB

Pointing Device: MS-Mouse compliant

Installation Media: CD-ROM (any speed)

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=4349740&linkID=9240617

I'd max out the RAM to whatever the mobo allows and put in a good graphics card. Will your system be using a PCIe based graphics card? Have you considered what card you may be going with?

Thanks for the info. I haven't had a chance to firie it up yet. I don't remember what it has in it but its a fairly old system.

I appreciate all the help and hope once I find out, I can bug everyone for more info.

I don't know which one it is. I'm assuming the 64 will be better, right?ou? Can you tell me why??

I was asking because you may run into problems trying to run 2005 on a 64 bit operating system.