PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Rev Cloud

Andy0902
24th Feb 2009, 08:42 am
If your like me and cant draw a rev cloud free hand, this is how to do it so it looks nicer/acceptable:lol: ...

First of all, draw an Ellipse, Circle, Rectangle or a Closed polyline around the part of the drawing you wish to Rev Cloud.

Next, click on Revision Cloud or type REVCLOUD, then type A for ArcLength.
A good Arclength is about 10 on an A1 sheet(if your drawing in model space just play around untill you get a nice size)

Once you have selected your ArcLength type O for Object then select the object you drew at the start, choose which direction you would like your cloud.

Easy as that:D

Tommy78
24th Feb 2009, 08:48 am
Great tip, thanks! :thumbsup:
You can also type rc instead of revcloud, that makes it even faster.

Andy0902
27th Feb 2009, 02:06 pm
typing RC does some kind of render?

chulse
27th Feb 2009, 02:10 pm
typing RC does some kind of render?

Use the command Alias editor (express tool) and change it - I don't do renders, so RC is REVCLOUD for me!

CRPPIPER
15th Apr 2009, 05:55 pm
also if you change the arc length to 2 different acceptable sizes (minimum-maximum) then it looks more natural as well!

very good tip, i have been using this method for quite some time! and i am alot faster than some co-workers that try to do it free hand and get cought up in "snaps"... (i mean i know you can turn them off.. but still...lol..)

Zorg
15th May 2009, 04:51 pm
when it prompts for 'style' select 'C' for calligraphy. looks alot better than the the bubble ^^

Andy0902
15th May 2009, 05:16 pm
when it prompts for 'style' select 'C' for calligraphy. looks alot better than the the bubble ^^

I guess that's personal preference. It also depends on the CAD standards you are using.

wandyhee
10th Aug 2009, 07:16 am
thanks, that's great tips :). I keep doing it manually before I found this post

kencaz
10th Aug 2009, 07:34 am
Careful where you place your rev-clouds, it may be costly...

http://blog.miragestudio7.com/wp-content/uploads2/2007/09/construction_errors_error_mistake_rev_cloud_techni cal_drawing.jpg

ReMark
10th Aug 2009, 11:02 am
Use the "Oops" command to fix the above ^ ^ ^.

Tankman
16th Nov 2009, 05:05 pm
Andy, great tip. I saw your post awhile ago but, today tried it out!
Wonderbar!

Where are you posting from? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks again for the tip!

Cadologist
16th Nov 2009, 05:36 pm
Careful where you place your rev-clouds, it may be costly...

http://blog.miragestudio7.com/wp-content/uploads2/2007/09/construction_errors_error_mistake_rev_cloud_techni cal_drawing.jpg

Ha, I remember that phone, hilarious!!!

Andy0902
16th Nov 2009, 09:10 pm
Andy, great tip. I saw your post awhile ago but, today tried it out!
Wonderbar!

Where are you posting from? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks again for the tip!

Im in West Yorkshire, England :)

Tankman
16th Nov 2009, 09:27 pm
Im in West Yorkshire, England :)

Thanks again, hope you enjoyed the recent holiday.

sundar1210
14th Jan 2011, 09:01 pm
what is the shortcut command for "REVISION CLOUD"

Cad64
14th Jan 2011, 09:16 pm
Watch your command line when you click on a button or an item from a menu. The command call will be shown.

The shortcut for Revision Cloud is not really much of a shortcut. It's REVCLOUD. But you can make your own shortcut: http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/AutoCAD_tips_create_alias.html

Stryker1989
25th Aug 2011, 08:47 am
Does anyone know if this is possible with AutoCAD 2000i, when I pull up the Rev Cloud Command it doesn't give me the object option.

cheers all

eldon
25th Aug 2011, 08:54 am
No, the object Option was added later :cry:

Stryker1989
25th Aug 2011, 08:57 am
Thanks eldon, really need to get the company to upgrade, what is crazy is because I am a student I have the 2011 and 2012 packages on my laptop at home and at work in a business that does this for a living we have 2000i, or as my immediate boss refered to it yesterday as: AutoCAD f****** Play Doh

wakozi
10th Nov 2011, 02:54 am
thanks, this is verry informative. and funny.

paperbackCADer
7th Mar 2012, 07:39 pm
Thank you so much for this post, Andy! I have been searching and searching to change the arc length of a revcloud, and this is the first time I have seen anyone tell me to type "A" to do so. Thanks again, I was going crazy! :D

ScribbleJ
7th Mar 2012, 08:07 pm
Use the "Oops" command to fix the above ^ ^ ^.

LMAO! :rofl:

I think the Oops command is obsolete now. ;)

Because of stuff like this I will never cease to be amazed at human perception (or stupidity) whichever the case may be.

Andy0902
9th Mar 2012, 10:43 am
Thank you so much for this post, Andy! I have been searching and searching to change the arc length of a revcloud, and this is the first time I have seen anyone tell me to type "A" to do so. Thanks again, I was going crazy! :D

No problem, I hope my instructions were clear enough. :)
It always pays to read the command bar to see the different options you have. If you don't you may become blinkered and stuck in a routine and potentially wasting your time. :facepalm:

chris reed
1st Jun 2014, 09:46 pm
If your like me and cant draw a rev cloud free hand, this is how to do it so it looks nicer/acceptable:lol: ...

First of all, draw an Ellipse, Circle, Rectangle or a Closed polyline around the part of the drawing you wish to Rev Cloud.

Next, click on Revision Cloud or type REVCLOUD, then type A for ArcLength.
A good Arclength is about 10 on an A1 sheet(if your drawing in model space just play around untill you get a nice size)

Once you have selected your ArcLength type O for Object then select the object you drew at the start, choose which direction you would like your cloud.

Easy as that:D I do not seem to have "Object" option, only "Arc Lgth" option. I there a way to configure "Rev Cloud"?

ReMark
1st Jun 2014, 10:02 pm
I have 2010 on my computer and it clearly has an "Arc Length" option. Now the only reason I can think of that you would not have the option is if you edited the option out of the CUI, you had a problem when installing the program or the RevCloud command you are using happens to actually be a custom lisp routine that also removed the option. I know you may not believe me re: AutoCAD 2010 but if you look in your Help file under RevCloud you'll see all the options listed.

BTW, are you selecting the command off the Draw panel of the Ribbon or typing it in at the command line?

Organic
1st Jun 2014, 10:45 pm
I'm fairly sure 2010 has the object option.

ReMark
2nd Jun 2014, 08:56 am
Yes, it does. It also has the Arc Length option. It is referred to in the Help file. The Object option just happens to be the default.