PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Rev Cloud

Andy0902
24th Feb 2009, 08:42 am
If your like me and cant draw a rev cloud free hand, this is how to do it so it looks nicer/acceptable:lol: ...

First of all, draw an Ellipse, Circle, Rectangle or a Closed polyline around the part of the drawing you wish to Rev Cloud.

Next, click on Revision Cloud or type REVCLOUD, then type A for ArcLength.
A good Arclength is about 10 on an A1 sheet(if your drawing in model space just play around untill you get a nice size)

Once you have selected your ArcLength type O for Object then select the object you drew at the start, choose which direction you would like your cloud.

Easy as that:D

Tommy78
24th Feb 2009, 08:48 am
Great tip, thanks! :thumbsup:
You can also type rc instead of revcloud, that makes it even faster.

Andy0902
27th Feb 2009, 02:06 pm
typing RC does some kind of render?

chulse
27th Feb 2009, 02:10 pm
typing RC does some kind of render?

Use the command Alias editor (express tool) and change it - I don't do renders, so RC is REVCLOUD for me!

CRPPIPER
15th Apr 2009, 05:55 pm
also if you change the arc length to 2 different acceptable sizes (minimum-maximum) then it looks more natural as well!

very good tip, i have been using this method for quite some time! and i am alot faster than some co-workers that try to do it free hand and get cought up in "snaps"... (i mean i know you can turn them off.. but still...lol..)

Zorg
15th May 2009, 04:51 pm
when it prompts for 'style' select 'C' for calligraphy. looks alot better than the the bubble ^^

Andy0902
15th May 2009, 05:16 pm
when it prompts for 'style' select 'C' for calligraphy. looks alot better than the the bubble ^^

I guess that's personal preference. It also depends on the CAD standards you are using.

wandyhee
10th Aug 2009, 07:16 am
thanks, that's great tips :). I keep doing it manually before I found this post

kencaz
10th Aug 2009, 07:34 am
Careful where you place your rev-clouds, it may be costly...

http://blog.miragestudio7.com/wp-content/uploads2/2007/09/construction_errors_error_mistake_rev_cloud_techni cal_drawing.jpg

ReMark
10th Aug 2009, 11:02 am
Use the "Oops" command to fix the above ^ ^ ^.

Tankman
16th Nov 2009, 05:05 pm
Andy, great tip. I saw your post awhile ago but, today tried it out!
Wonderbar!

Where are you posting from? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks again for the tip!

Cadologist
16th Nov 2009, 05:36 pm
Careful where you place your rev-clouds, it may be costly...

http://blog.miragestudio7.com/wp-content/uploads2/2007/09/construction_errors_error_mistake_rev_cloud_techni cal_drawing.jpg

Ha, I remember that phone, hilarious!!!

Andy0902
16th Nov 2009, 09:10 pm
Andy, great tip. I saw your post awhile ago but, today tried it out!
Wonderbar!

Where are you posting from? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks again for the tip!

Im in West Yorkshire, England :)

Tankman
16th Nov 2009, 09:27 pm
Im in West Yorkshire, England :)

Thanks again, hope you enjoyed the recent holiday.

sundar1210
14th Jan 2011, 09:01 pm
what is the shortcut command for "REVISION CLOUD"

Cad64
14th Jan 2011, 09:16 pm
Watch your command line when you click on a button or an item from a menu. The command call will be shown.

The shortcut for Revision Cloud is not really much of a shortcut. It's REVCLOUD. But you can make your own shortcut: http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/AutoCAD_tips_create_alias.html

Stryker1989
25th Aug 2011, 08:47 am
Does anyone know if this is possible with AutoCAD 2000i, when I pull up the Rev Cloud Command it doesn't give me the object option.

cheers all

eldon
25th Aug 2011, 08:54 am
No, the object Option was added later :cry:

Stryker1989
25th Aug 2011, 08:57 am
Thanks eldon, really need to get the company to upgrade, what is crazy is because I am a student I have the 2011 and 2012 packages on my laptop at home and at work in a business that does this for a living we have 2000i, or as my immediate boss refered to it yesterday as: AutoCAD f****** Play Doh

wakozi
10th Nov 2011, 02:54 am
thanks, this is verry informative. and funny.

paperbackCADer
7th Mar 2012, 07:39 pm
Thank you so much for this post, Andy! I have been searching and searching to change the arc length of a revcloud, and this is the first time I have seen anyone tell me to type "A" to do so. Thanks again, I was going crazy! :D

ScribbleJ
7th Mar 2012, 08:07 pm
Use the "Oops" command to fix the above ^ ^ ^.

LMAO! :rofl:

I think the Oops command is obsolete now. ;)

Because of stuff like this I will never cease to be amazed at human perception (or stupidity) whichever the case may be.

Andy0902
9th Mar 2012, 10:43 am
Thank you so much for this post, Andy! I have been searching and searching to change the arc length of a revcloud, and this is the first time I have seen anyone tell me to type "A" to do so. Thanks again, I was going crazy! :D

No problem, I hope my instructions were clear enough. :)
It always pays to read the command bar to see the different options you have. If you don't you may become blinkered and stuck in a routine and potentially wasting your time. :facepalm: