32bit vs. 64bit autocad

OMEGA-ThundeR

Hi,

As an pilot project we are upgrading one of our workstations to 8 gb or ram, to be able to use that much we need a 64bit OS.

Our autocad is 32bit. Is there any difference in the autocad versions between the 32bit and 64bit versions?

I got 64bit version of Acad 2009 at home (with 12gb of ram) but besides the perhaps better compatibility is there any other advantage?

Since we got networklicences at work can you just "upgrade" to 64bit without costs? Or does the 64bit cost any more just by the number :)?

No price difference. As I understand it both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions come on the DVD. During the check-in process the installation program determines "what's out there" and loads the corresponding (i.e. - correct) version of your software.

We have network installations (1-click-setup). I guess i'll have to check those files for which version will or can be installed when i come to it.