My Doors from CAD Look distorted in MAX

damob23

Hi guys, im creating my own doors in cad, I am copying the orginal one i made and sticking it in other door ways. When I file link and view it in max, some of them have weird lines, and looks distorted on a render. The first pic is of the render, second of the wire frame in max and the third from autocad, This seems to be a recurring problem from me which is causing me many headaches, any ideas, I tried messing around with weld vertices, no joy. Im assuming its a setting on the file link area.? or could it be because these windows are copies?

DoorMishapen.jpg

DoorMishapenWireFrame.jpg

DoorMishapenCAD.jpg

So some of the doors are ok and some are not?

It looks like maybe you mirrored some of them? Are the bad doors the ones that were mirrored? This might be what's causing the problem.

Yea I would mirror some and copy selection for others, this seems to give the distortion around the area of subtraction of the door. I have saved the door and started inserting them as block and there is no distortion. Thats good to know. How ever on the doors now, the frame were the window is should exturde on each side of the door about 1.5cm. but on the doors it extruding on either one side or the other. but its fine in the autocad drawing im sure, Could a file link setting be adjusting this little window frame some how?

the frame were the window is should exturde on each side of the door about 1.5cm. but on the doors it extruding on either one side or the other. but its fine in the autocad drawing im sure, Could a file link setting be adjusting this little window frame some how?

Possibly. What are your current settings? Do you have "Weld" selected? If so, what is your "Weld Threshold"?

here are my settings here, althought the door is inserted as an object, the frame seems to be selectable by itself in 3ds max, so I can move it into place manually but it would be nice to know, why it seems to being pushed from position, a few pics here mite shed some lights, cheers

FileLinkSettings1.jpg

FileLinkSettings.jpg

Frame.jpg

cad.jpg