project navigator creating views

smooty5000

I am trying to create a template for starting new projects with project navigater. I want to create two views for new floorplan and demo floorplan the layer names and states are always the same but the xref name can change. Is there a way set up a view so that it always has for instance layer "A-demo" off regardles of what the preceding xref drawing name is?

secondly is there a way to change the location were navigator creates and saves new constructs and elements?

You dont create Views in your template. The only thing(s) i created in my (Those things that could be considered ``standard'' enough to do so) are some Elements.

yes; right click on the project in the Proj Browser.

You dont create Views in your template. The only thing(s) i created in my (Those things that could be considered ``standard'' enough to do so) are some Elements.

yes; right click on the project in the Proj Browser.

We have all of our views setup in the template, complete with layers needed for doing our documentation (we use a non standard layering system) They have the correct constructs x-ref'd into the file and have the layer colors changed to what is needed IE lighter wall lines when in a framing view for documentation.

We have all of our views setup in the template, complete with layers needed for doing our documentation (we use a non standard layering system) They have the correct constructs x-ref'd into the file and have the layer colors changed to what is needed IE lighter wall lines when in a framing view for documentation.

*sigh* Were/are you just thinking of answering the initial question or are you just bragging?

Consulting office or A/E firm? Do you saveas and navigate the directory structure or do you still ``right click''? Do you use Display config's for screening wall lines or layer overrides?