Comparing 3D DWFs

rob150588

Swift question for you all...(hope this thread fits in here)...

Does anyone know if the up-coming version of Autodesk Design Review 2010 has the ability to compare 3D DWF files ?

If not then does anyone know of something that will ? :unsure:

Cheers.

Rob.

you can make 3D DWF files by exporting (not plotting) a DWG to DWF.

Sorry, I should've been more specific. I know how to publish 3D DWF files.

But I'm wanting to know if there is any way to "compare" two DWF models. I know that Autodesk Design Review as it currently stands (09) has the ability to compare 2D DWF files (really useful)...but that function was not extended to 3D DWF files.

Being able to compare two 3D DWFs would be of great use so as other users can visually identify what has changed from one revision of a model to another.

Rob.

Well, the 2D DWF compare function came in the 2008 version of the software (Tools>Compare). Very useful function in it's own right.

The problem I have is that it is limited only to 2D. And in this new and modern world in which we live, 2D is going to be a thing of the past. 95% of what I do now is 3D modelling for the Civil engineering industry, so we design in 3D and construct in 3D.

There is a problem with doing a model for site...then revising the model and documenting these revisions in a way that can easily be identified by the lads on site (much like revclouds in 2D).

If there was something that would compare 3D DWFs like 2D DWFs; now, or in the near future then this problem would be sorted.