mouse error

RocketSurgeon

Switched from pc to mac os x machine. along with upgrading from '06 to '08 Electrical. Now, the center mouse button no longer pans the drawing.icon9.gif The center mouse button no longer functions the same in Solidworks either. Is there a way to overide this?

In AutoCAD, the MBUTTONPAN variable should be set to 1. But you probably checked this already. I am not sure of what needs to be configured on a Mac for middle button functionality.

vmware fusion virtual software
My best guess is that there has to be a setting within the WMware Fusion mouse preferences... but I don't know how this type of virtual machine deals with drivers, etc. Hopefully more literate users here can provide better info.

There are setting adjustments on vmware fusion software, but i do not see a workable choice. Unfortunately, there are so many places to alter the mouse from Mac, to Windows, to Virtual software, and even AutoCad. I call myself looking in all these places, but I'm not getting very far.

We have changed the mouse and drivers. Apparantly the new Microsoft Mouse Driver is not compatible for my system. We still have differences, but this particular item is now resolved. Thanks.

I believe we have settled our issues. After trying several mice, it is confirmed that we can not get a Microsoft mouse to work properly. Logitech and Micro Innovations mice work fine. Also, in some instances, when having to use the control button on the keyboard at the same time as the left mouse button, we must change and use the control + alt button on the keyboard and the left mouse button for the MAC machine.

As always, this site has been a tremendous help! Thanks again.